LU10 on M6?

chant

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I own a M6 and would like to put a LED head on it but don't like to loose to much lumen. Now I noticed the new LU10L(T) from surefire and was wondering if this would fysically fit on my M6 and if it would work as well.
Because 350 Lumen is right in between the 250 and 500 lumen bulbs it looked great to me, and also the battery would last longer.
The LU10L(T) comes in 2 different ways. With and without the "T" on the end. If it would fit and work on my M6. What would be the best one? The LU10LT or the LU10L?

I hope somebody can answer my question.

Regards,

Chant

Illum

Flashaholic
It certainly could, unless the redesigned the head fitting to purposefully make it incompatible with earlier versions. Surefire has broken compatibility before using incompatible drivers.

Until its actual depute no one can answer that question for you. As of now only LED retrofits available for the M6 is either a custom Seoul Tower module that takes place of the MN lamp, or the now discontinued KL6 head upgraded with a more up to date LED.

chant

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the answer.
Is there any news on when the head will be available?
Maybe also a price indication?

Chant

Illum

Flashaholic
Its unconfirmed as to when Surefire will begin selling them as individual parts, but they appear to have set the release date for the M3L on the 9th of this December
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/241227

Also...since the M3L is apparently a multimode light, we may be stuck on using it on single mode if its to be used on an M6. [we because I too have been looking into this, my current setup consists of a KL6 modded with a cool white MCE]

This is certainly worth mentioning if you plan on further your research in available LED heads for your M6
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2635562

Last edited: