Surefire to shorten their clips...

Death's Head

Enlightened
I spoke with the company at a recent knife show, and they are aware of the problem. In fact, the person I spoke with almost seemed embarrassed with the situation.
Basically, the bend of the clip is going to be low enough so that it does not rub up against the tailcap.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want more long ones like on the A2L and LX2....I like em!:naughty:

I don't have either light so the tailcap issue is not a problem for me.

shoot me a PM if ya wanna get rid of any..:thumbsup:

Schuey2002

Enlightened
That's great!

There is nothing like marking up a brand new (and pricey) light right out of the box all because the clip rubs on the twisty tailcap..

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also personally like the clips :)

It is good news for those who don't however... and I'm happy to great a new free one if they were to offer them :nana:

Death's Head

Enlightened
Anyone else confirm this?
Bro, what's there to confirm? I WAS there. I spoke to the entire team including the knife designers, Steve Ryan and Jeff Halopoff.
I was able to handle all of the colors of the A2L, and I also got to handle their firearm mounted lights as well.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if it lessens the chance of it breaking off.

Get to check out UB3? :eek:oo:

Last edited:

zven

Enlightened
I don't own either of these (yet - it's only a matter of time), but when I was able to handle them, I found the clips to be the only significant design flaw. Scraping off the anodizing didn't seem like a problem (that HAIII is tough stuff), but it surprised me that SF would design a light where the clip interferes with the turning of the tailcap. Only being able to turn the tailcap a half turn at a time just doesn't make for a pleasant UI. I'll be very curious to hear more about this, like when they'll be implementing it, and if they'll offer replacements for lights that were sold with the longer clips.

Larbo

Enlightened
I also liked them.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

kaptein america

Newly Enlightened
Bro, what's there to confirm? I WAS there. I spoke to the entire team including the knife designers, Steve Ryan and Jeff Halopoff.
I was able to handle all of the colors of the A2L, and I also got to handle their firearm mounted lights as well.

I wasn't attacking your cred.:rolleyes:
My curiousity is if others are all receiving the same message from SF.

-->it reminded me of a converstaion I once had a few years back with some Toyota reps telling me about a US Diesel pickup.

Dan FO

Enlightened
I wasn't attacking your cred.:rolleyes:
My curiousity is if others are all receiving the same message from SF.

-->it reminded me of a converstaion I once had a few years back with some Toyota reps telling me about a US Diesel pickup.

Yes, they are shortening the clips.

MSI

Enlightened
I wish they could make them easy to take off so they would be more optional to use. I guess I'm not the only one who never use the clip and finds it just in the way.

Ctrain

Enlightened
Oh man!!!! Don't tell me the entire Surefire production and design team have shelved working on the UB3 LX1 and M3L to collaboratively design a shorter clip! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED :(

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Oh man!!!! Don't tell me the entire Surefire production and design team have shelved working on the UB3 LX1 and M3L to collaboratively design a shorter clip! CHRISTMAS IS RUINED :(

:crackup:

Interesting thing though. One might think they would have noticed that before.

On the other hand, the long clips are a perfect fit for the classic E-Series bodies. :)

bernie