Terralux TLE 300M not working

jdmimage

Newly Enlightened
So I'm new to the forum but I have followed it for a while, anyway the other night while at work I dropped my magcharger which had a Terralux drop-in. The plastic bezel piece broke and the light wouldn't turn back on. I replaced the bezel with the old glass one and the light started to work whenever it wanted to. Now it doesn't even turn on. I'm just using the flashlight with the old bulb now.

Is this normal/typical for the Terralux to be damaged after only being dropped once. I'm probably not gonna get another one after this, I'm thinking of just selling the magcharger and buying a Pelican 8060.

Any thought/suggestions appreciated.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have that drop-in. But mine is the one designed for a standard 4D Maglite. My experience is that, due to the limited amount of space inside the Maglite head, the drop-in doesn't screw down far enough. If the light is dropped or accidentally banged against a solid object, that particular drop-in has a tendency to jar loose. Not enough to fall out. But just enough to either stop working, or perhaps work sporadically.

I had to twist off the Maglite bezel ring, slide out the lens, then jam my finger-tips down around the drop-in, and push down while screwing it back down. Since the drop-in must fit inside a D-size Maglite head, it can only screw down just so far. And it's really not far enough.

I still have that drop-in in my 4D Maglite. Makes an excellent blackout light. (Just be sure you have another light on you in case you drop it or accidentally bump it too hard). I don't rely on it for anything too important though.

A MagCharger actually isn't a horrible light in stock form. Those tend to exhibit much better quality than Maglite's other full-size models. Output is about 218 lumens. Perhaps keep the stock MagCharger as a back-up light, after you buy a Pelican 8060. But yeah, other than for use in a blackout, I can't recommend that particular TerraLux drop-in.