My wife schools some plumbers

Quinn_Inuit

Newly Enlightened
We were having some plumbing issues awhile back, and my wife stayed home to deal with the plumbers. While working, they took out a panel in our linen closet so they could check out the pipes running into the tub/shower. As you can imagine, it was pretty dark in there.

One of them pulled out a matchbook, but my wife has a strict "No igniting the linens" policy and suggested they get a flashlight. Unfortunately, they'd left it in the van. At this point, my wife then got my bedside light for them, a Wolf Eyes Sniper 6ax with a Cree drop-in module that I purchased from Pacific Tactical a year or so ago after seeking advice from this board.

They were initially skeptical that such a small light could be of much use, but that attitude changed immediately when she turned it on. She tells me they gave it a review of, "Ooooh..." before asking where they could get one.

traplight

Newly Enlightened
heh, did the same thing to a pizza delivery guy a couple of days ago. he had a mag 2D.... and i whipped out a fenix ld20.

Where'd you get that!? how much? ;)

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
That is hilarious, but I'd probably send those plumbers away if they were willing to do quality work by match light. . . . .

Marduke

Flashaholic
For future reference, it's infinitely more humbling if you put together sleeper pink Disney Princess light for your "loaner light" when one is needed as such.

2x14500 on a 5-cell Magnum bulb should do nicely...

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
For future reference, it's infinitely more humbling if you put together sleeper pink Disney Princess light for your "loaner light" when one is needed as such.

OK, Marduke, you'll have to help me make that light. . . . . . seriously, I've got most everything else but a serious incan, and this is the first one that really tickles me pink!:crackup::crackup::crackup:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story!! :thumbsup:

One of the security guards that comes and checks the doors are locked when we shut the club is in love with my E2DL :crackup:

Whenever I throw it to him, his eyes light up lol

Last edited:

steveG

Enlightened

Haha! I think I'll have to do that... "Here you can use my daughter's princess light."

Burgess

Flashaholic
One of them pulled out a matchbook,
but my wife has a strict "No igniting the linens" policy . . . .

:lolsign::lolsign::lolsign:

PS: Smart Lady !

:thumbsup:
_

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't imagine being in a profession that requires lighting dark spaces and not having a flashlight of some kind on you at all times during work.
It's like being a legally blind optometrist.

tolkaze

Enlightened

Funny you should say that, i got my daughter the energizer Disney Princess torch the other day (so she wouldn't play with my MD2/M60 anymore) and thought... this thing is wimpy. I was considering starting off with putting the leftover 3 watt MagLed unit in there with 2 cr123's (would take about 15 seconds with a file to make them fit) and just seeing how that went

Quinn_Inuit

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you all enjoyed the story. :)

I was pretty surprised by the match thing, too. OTOH, it's a really good plumbing company. So far, they've always come precisely on time and fixed problems quickly and cleanly.

And I love the overpowered Princess flashlight idea. My wife is a big fan of cute things, and I think that would blow her mind.

1wrx7

Enlightened
This is a great story.

The princess flashlight is a great idea and I've seen a version of it. At the lower MI get-together we had... blindasabat brought a cheap plastic light... I think it was yellow and blue. It looked like something you'd give to your kid... except he put some sort of hi power bi-pin bulb into it:devil: It was very bright.... and you can only run it for 5 seconds at a time or it will melt:eek: Only on CPF....:crackup:... I loved it.