Mouth holder for EDC?

sparkysko

Enlightened
Nite-ize makes something similar for this job, but not what I'd consider EDC.

I find myself biting/gumming my light in my mouth quite often. Half the time I end up getting what I assume is shocked in the mouth, and all the time it's incredibly uncomfortable to be holding a 1xAA light in your lips (Nevermind the fact that the light probably has motor oil, etc, residue on it, since I'm not doing the cleanest of jobs when I need it).

Anyone done any mods to make their light more comfortable in their mouth? I had considered a headstrap like what Nitecore just released, but I tend to need the light spur of the moment when I'm putzing around, and I don't think I'd go and get the headstrap when needed (and probably wouldn't keep it in my pocket)

Maybe I should just get a head injury, so I can have a metal plate added to my skull and then I can magnet mount stuff...

bansuri

Enlightened
Check the outside diameter of the light and go to that big, online auction site and type in, for instance, 1" heat shrink adhesive. For a few bucks you can get 6" delivered to your door which should be enough for a few lights. You'll have a choice of colors and you really only need to do the part that you grip with your teeth.
You don't have to use the adhesive kind, I just prefer it for it's grippy character.

Last edited:

Mikellen

Enlightened
Investing in a Zebralight seems to be in order. You wouldn't even have to use the headband, you can just clip it to your shirt. :)

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
I have the same filthy habit :sick2:

I use heatshrinkable tubing. It comes in different sizes and colors and can be found at electronics part supply stores (like Digi-key). It works well with aluminum lights but is not good for stainless. The stainless might rust under the heatshink, I had it happen to my LD01 ss. I usually stick with twisty lights too.

Latest posts