Spent 100 dollars on nothing..??

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
I just spent 100 bucks on a bunch of stuff I dont feel like was worth it...I needed and wanted all of it, so hopefully you guys will give me piece of mind.
At lighthound.com I bought-two battery caddies for the 123's, which were like 5 a piece plus shipping.
Then at opticsplanet.com I bought-2 Pelican Micro cases, a 1020 mossy oak camo one ($22) and a raven black 1040 ($20) some pick n pluck foam $4, a box of 123 surefires $21 and a sc2 spares carrier $19. I hope I end up liking the pelican cases, Ive been wanting a couple for a while now and finally pulled the trigger. And obviously I need the batteries but still..lol I just feel like I got a bunch of fluff..no actual light or knife or "big" purchas if you know what I mean. anyways..
thanks for reading
:eek:

lolzertank

Enlightened
That's like when I went to Mouser and somehow spent $130. Sure, I got a boxful of components that I needed, but it felt like the only thing I got was a $35 AVRISP MkII.

Calculus invades shopping too... 0 + 0 + 0 + 0... = $130??? :wtf:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a really nice surefire to justify it, and get over it...LOL! That's what I do whenever I buy a bunch of "components".

manoloco

Enlightened
Well, if you had planned on using the stuff how is it spending it on nothing?, you do need the primaries, and the cases you already wanted, sounds to me that if you hadnt bought them, you would still be wanting to get them.

cases are useful for a lot of stuff, and i wish i had the spares carrier in my edc bag.

forget about money that you already spent (unless you needed it to buy another necesity) and start organizing your stuff for the accessories to come.

you dont need anyone to feel good about your purchases, you need to feel good about your decisions.

if you later decide you dont need any of those, just sell them.

aljsk8

Enlightened
i just spent $100 on leds

and they will do nothing untill i spend another $100 on the rest of the bits i need

:broke:

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
I guess you guys are right, I'll get my moneys worth out of it. And ealier this week I got an L1 so that makes me feel good too! Also got a great deal on it, I love that thing, and these are the neccessities to go with it:rolleyes:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just spent 100 bucks on a bunch of stuff I dont feel like was worth it...I needed and wanted all of it, so hopefully you guys will give me piece of mind.
At lighthound.com I bought-two battery caddies for the 123's, which were like 5 a piece plus shipping.
Then at opticsplanet.com I bought-2 Pelican Micro cases, a 1020 mossy oak camo one ($22) and a raven black 1040 ($20) some pick n pluck foam $4, a box of 123 surefires $21 and a sc2 spares carrier $19. I hope I end up liking the pelican cases, Ive been wanting a couple for a while now and finally pulled the trigger. And obviously I need the batteries but still..lol I just feel like I got a bunch of fluff..no actual light or knife or "big" purchas if you know what I mean. anyways..
thanks for reading

Oh $100 spent on nothing? Well I've been the same thing:

Pelican 1010 Blue - SF Bulbs / Parts
Pelican 1010 Bk - Held some lights in it (Currently empty)
Pelican 1020 BK- Camera / Battery Case
Otterbox 1000 BK - batteries were supposed to go inside
Otterbox 1000 Clear - Med case for EDC bag

Battery Caddy CR123, AA & AAA (1 ea size)
SF SC2 (MP package deal with C3)
15 SF CR-123 w/ Foam holder (Marketplace)

:whistle:

NE450No2

Enlightened
thanks for reading

Sounds like you bought some good top quality stuff to me. I keep my extra 123 batteries in Sure Fire Sares and in Pelican 1010 and 1020.

I use several other Pelican cases for other stuff as well.

Thing is, you will be using that "stuff" you bought, for the next 20 years.... IF you do not loose it.:thumbsup:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
look at it this way, if it makes you feel happy, it was worth it

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would have eventually ended up buying the stuff anyway's...at least you got it out of the way early, and will have more money to spend on lights now that the accessories have already been purchased.

325addict

Enlightened
I just spent hundreds of dollars on modding stuff for an M6.... seven(!) battery-holders, (five for 2X 18650 and two for 3X 17670), two MN bi-pin adapters by FiveMega, and 38(!) WA-lamps.

And the oddest thing is: I still don't have an M6 :oops:

I can almost guarantee you: those Pelican-cases are a joy to have! They are sturdy, water-resistant, simply a pleasure to use. And those primaries you needed anyway, so if you didn't buy them now, well... you would have bought them a week later....

Timmo.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
SpyderHS08,

You sound like a spoiled mall rat..... but I know the feeling. Sometimes I'll add a "toy" to my order of batteries, etc just for the fun factor of when the package arrives.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
SpyderHS08,

You sound like a spoiled mall rat..... but I know the feeling. Sometimes I'll add a "toy" to my order of batteries, etc just for the fun factor of when the package arrives.

That's how I ended up getting my photon freedom micro. Put it on top of an order that was large enough that the $15 didn't seem like much. Nice little light. Maybe I'll get one with a white LED next time.

--flatline

Illum

Flashaholic
like buying a adapter collar or a battery that isn't compatible with any of your lights while shopping for the benefit of improving those lights:whistle:

Reminds me of the time when I left to gas up on the car and came back with bagels, milk, and ice cream and with an empty tank:ohgeez: