How do you EDC your Surefire E1

pahl

Enlightened
I have been keeping my E1 in my right front pocket. Does anyone EDC one differant. Maybe in a holster on your belt or around your neck?

I have my second e series light coming. It's the E1e-HA and I was thinking about having a holster made for one so I could carry one in my belt and one in my pocket.
Just a thought I had.

So how do you guys carry your E1 lights?

droopy170

Newly Enlightened
Just got my E1e-HA/KL1. I have been carrying mine clipped to waistband right side or clipped to left front pocket. My knife resides in the right front. I am most likely going to try to make a kydex sheath for horizontal carry and maybe a way to carry an extra battery. Not sure exactly what I will have to experiment over the next few weeks. The clip on it is pretty good and versitile.

Droopy

LightChucker

Enlightened
I understand what you are looking for. Here are a couple of places I have found candidates: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have ordered one of these Kydex holsters from CountyComm. Frank is a good guy to work with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Also, take a look at the CO-37 holster from RipOff at Kiesub.com. Just type "CO-37" in the search box, then locate the CO-37 in the list of holsters.

UPDATED:
To make the CO-37 work with the KL1 bezel you will need to sew some more Velcro on the flap and the pouch. Once you do that, it works perfectly.

Good luck,

Chuck

Screehopper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
emann said:
Carry my E2e-HA in a Ripoffs holster on my belt. I'm sure they make one for the E1e also. Nice looking and very well made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which model holster is that? I see one for the E1e, but which one fits the E2e? Currently I just EDC my E2e-HA on my front-left pocket. If my EDC grows anymore I'm going to have to start getting other holsters for the belt.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
My E1/KL1 sits in the bottom of my right, front pants pocket.

-john

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
When I carry my E1E/KL1 I carry it in my left front pants
pocket. The RipOffs (I think it's the CO-37) doesn't fit
with the E1E/KL1. The RipOff does fit the ARC LS & the
Leatherman juice, but the E1E/KL1 is just a little too long.
I carry it in my pocket because with the KL1 head the
balance is off a little & if it's clipped to my pocket it
just doesn't ride well. I don't have this problem with the
E2E. The E2E has enough body to stay in place, but the
E1E is so short (less body in the pocket) it twists forward
when it's cliped to the pocket. I like to use the E1E/KL1
cliped to the bill of my cap. It is like having a headlamp
in your pocket.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Screehopper;
Ripoffs CO124, I bought mine from Bright Guy. It is listed
as being made for Inova & E2E. Mine works for E2E & KL4,
I haven't tried the Inova X5T.

Kirk

Enlightened
I carry my E1/KL1 in my left rear jeans pocket vertically alongside my wallet. Don't even know it's there even when sitting. It does tend to wear thin spots in the pocket, though. So far (6 months) it hasn't dinged the leather wallet.
Kirk