Nitecore Extreme lens diameter

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Can anyone, who own Nitecore Extreme, measure a lens diameter? :help:
I'm planning to buy some UCL glass lens and don't know what size is it (and unfortunatelly, I cannot measure it by myself - don't have the flashlight yet).
If you cannot measure the lens diameter, the internal diameter of the bezel would also help. :)

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens is already a coated one and the light isn't designed to be opened by the user...

Didn't measure mine when mine was open so unfortunately I can't help with the size.

Sverre

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I have the stainless bezel. When I first had it I did manage to unscrew the bezel, whereupon all the insides fell out - propelled by a fairly stiff spring :eek:oo:

Now that I've got it back together, I'm not too keen to take it apart again to measure the lens itself, but for what it's worth the ID on mine where the bezel meets the glass is 22.2mm.

Mind you, as NF says, it's coated glass anyway. Mine is practically invisible. So why the urge to replace it ? :confused:

fareast

Enlightened
the exact diam. is 2.45mm (inside bezel, where the lens sits. But this is an exact measurement so the lens would have to be a bit less to be able to fit due to the threads. A 2.4mm would do the trick.

I ordered a few lenses at flashlightlens in the 24,5 mm diam., well actually the last two! and these will fit the bezel but will not go past the threads... I will just need to shave 0.5mm off the circumference.

Why? I have several NEX's and wanted to turn one of them into a flooder.

And... some bezels unscrew easily and some are held in place with glue/locktite. And as said, the standard lens of the NEX is already a very nice AR coated one!!! I'd say, unless you really need to replace the lens, keep the original one.

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
Well, I was also thinking about lens with LDF, to make the beam more floody... but on other flashlight. This one has to blind and throw.:D

Standard NEX lens, despite "coating" have transparency at 93% (according to: http://www.cpfreviews.com/NiteCore-DI-Extreme.php ), where the UCL from flashlightlens is 99%. :naughty:

I think 22.61mm diameter should be ok :thinking: Thanks "fareast" for checking the 24.5 size (I was also thinking about it). :thumbsup:

fareast

Enlightened
This one has to blind and throw.:D

No worries there, the NEX will do that just fine.

I think 22.61mm diameter should be ok :thinking: Thanks "fareast" for checking the 24.5 size (I was also thinking about it). :thumbsup:

Jut remember to seat the o-ring correctly when tightening the bezel. With a smaller lens diam. the o-ring can bulge easier.