some good double 18650 battery lights

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
what are some good lights that run on 2 of these?

i'm going to get a deere hunting light for novenber and i need a decent light. i'm sick of using the regular old mag light.

size is not really an issue. i have a smaller light that i usually holster on my belt. it's a cr123 that eventually i'd like to replace it with a single 18650. i like the rechargable and keep them all the same idea.

i'll probably spend around $125 if i have to and i want something thats simple to run that has tons of power and or throw so i can reach out there (and impress the heck out of my buddies)

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Dereelight DBS v3 with the extension tube to allow use of 2x18650. Pick the R2 emitter for maximum throw or the MC-E emitter for mega lumen wall of light. . . .

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Eagletac M2XC4 is the brightest 2x18650 flashlight... In throw and overall lumens.

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
i might have a hard time deciding on a $125 $145 flashlight.

is there any decent flashlights from say dealxtreme that have maybe a p7 that are around the $35 to $45 range? something i can get my feet wet with.

i cant decide if i want a thrower or more of a wall for hunting . i think maybe i shouldnt blow $150 bones on something i'm not sure about.

elwood

Newly Enlightened

is there any decent flashlights from say dealxtreme that have maybe a p7 that are around the $35 to $45 range? something i can get my feet wet with.

i cant decide if i want a thrower or more of a wall for hunting . i think maybe i shouldnt blow $150 bones on something i'm not sure about.

The M1X will throw a "wall" of light very far. :p

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast

would you be looking forward to mount the light on your rifle?

robe619

Newly Enlightened
I may start soundling like a broken record but I'm very happy w/ my Jetbeam M1X:grin2:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll probably spend around $125 if i have to and i want something thats simple to run that has tons of power and or throw so i can reach out there (and impress the heck out of my buddies)

any of the 'recommended here' quality ($80+) q5 or p7 or mc-e (led) single 18500 will be about 15-20 times brighter ( a solid beam of pure light that reaches 200 feet easy (think car headlight) then your mag. and run for 2 hours.

keep a spare battery with you somewhere..

modern lights are nuts bright :cool:

buy with confidence.:twothumbs

brigadeer

Newly Enlightened
I may start soundling like a broken record but I'm very happy w/ my Jetbeam M1X:grin2:

+1.

I power my M1X currently with two 18500's, but I do have the extender so I can use two 18650's if I want. Presently I don't see the need for it though.

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened

can anyone tell me why i wouldn't be happy with something like this?

http://kaidomain.com/ProductImages.aspx?ProductId=5558&url=UploadFiles/633598072026552500_med.JPG

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because that's a single-die LED light of very poor quality. It will eventually fail on you when you most need it (sooner or later). And you asked for a double 18650 light with tons of power, that one uses only a single 18650 and is not very powerful compared to any current quad-core LED lights.

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spec on product like those may look good, but IMO, the biggest downside those generic brand have is that there's no assurances. In one review, it may be good, on the next, you just DON'T KNOW what you're gonna get.
Those DX 'cheap' lights ain't that cheap either, like $50?
Might as well spend another $50 or $100 which has a 1yr warranty + limited lifetime guarantee + you can enjoy its superior UI, output/runtime efficiency, built quality and in many cases, better looks as well.
Would you want the light to fail on you on the first drop on the concrete ground in the middle of the night? If its a DX/KD light, good luck. If its its Surefire, Nitecore, Jetbeam, etc, we can be assured it'll be fine 99% of the time. (i wanna say 100%, but if you drop it heads first on the ground, then...................... sorry)

DX may provide you with a 30day warranty (or something like that), but don't forget, it costs like 1/4 of the light's price to send it back and there's little guarantee its gonna be a good one the next time they send you.
Even IF its not a dud, the best case scenario is that you're ending up with something inferior.

Last edited:

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
The spec on product like those may look good, but IMO, the biggest downside those generic brand have is that there's no assurances. In one review, it may be good, on the next, you just DON'T KNOW what you're gonna get.
Those DX 'cheap' lights ain't that cheap either, like $50?
Might as well spend another $50 or $100 which has a 1yr warranty + limited lifetime guarantee + you can enjoy its superior UI, output/runtime efficiency, built quality and in many cases, better looks as well.
Would you want the light to fail on you on the first drop on the concrete ground in the middle of the night? If its a DX/KD light, good luck. If its its Surefire, Nitecore, Jetbeam, etc, we can be assured it'll be fine 99% of the time. (i wanna say 100%, but if you drop it heads first on the ground, then...................... sorry)

DX may provide you with a 30day warranty (or something like that), but don't forget, it costs like 1/4 of the light's price to send it back and there's little guarantee its gonna be a good one the next time they send you.
Even IF its not a dud, the best case scenario is that you're ending up with something inferior.

yes i can see your point $50 for way better quality would surely be worth it.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened

Robe; Is the M1X "holsterable" (made up word). I'm in the market for a similar light (ie; M1x, M30 etc..), but it must fit on my duty belt with relative comfort (with all my other crap). The head looks big, but I really like the specs on this light. Any input would be appreciated.

gilly

Enlightened
Robe; Is the M1X "holsterable" (made up word). I'm in the market for a similar light (ie; M1x, M30 etc..), but it must fit on my duty belt with relative comfort (with all my other crap). The head looks big, but I really like the specs on this light. Any input would be appreciated.

Yes it is - see link:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2966300&postcount=58

You could also use a traditional flashlight "ring" on your duty belt. The M1X head is actually a bit wider than a maglite head, so it will fit...