Olight M30 Tail Cap

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Simple question; Is there a replacement tail cap (or aftermarket tail cap) available for the Olight M30 that does NOT have the flared/scalloped edges? I would like an M30, but I require a smooth tail cap so that I can re-holster my light easily one handed. Thank you to all responders, hope you enjoyed your holiday. :grin2:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Simple question; Is there a replacement tail cap (or aftermarket tail cap) available for the Olight M30 that does NOT have the flared/scalloped edges? I would like an M30, but I require a smooth tail cap so that I can re-holster my light easily one handed. Thank you to all responders, hope you enjoyed your holiday. :grin2:

An after market tailcap would be a bit of a problem, the 3 levels are controlled with some electronic in the tailcap, any tailcap without that circuit will only have high level.

bkumanski

Enlightened
This is why I eventually got rid of mine. It really is a great LE light and the interface is good (doesn't change modes when the clickie is hit on and off quickly) but it kept tearing up my sap pockets and it didn't fit well in holsters (snug but smooth). I tried cutting mine off and smoothing it up, but then the light just looked r-tarded and the tail just didn't look right. Too bad because it is one hell of a light.

stienke

Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Guess I'll be looking elsewhere for a new torch. Maybe I'll finally try a Malkoff P6...

Mallkoff MD2 with a M60W or M60 and high/low ring!! , sssssssssimple and a hell of a light :devil: (MD3 for longer runtimes).

USA build and good custumer service :D

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
I love the M30 but the tailcap is really a bad design. They should put out a second smooth tailcap for purchase. I have considered grinding it down but it makes me cringe thinking about doing it wrong. I wear a tactical vest at work with a light sleeve right up front, the M30 would fit perfect if it were not for the tailcap. I have been using my Jetbeam III M instead.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
Matt had made mention of olight making an accessory tailcap without the crenelations in the MP several months ago. however i suppose nothing came of that.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Threads like this help - I just sent a link to the factory as we'd really like to see one for our LEO customers in particular.

Now that the M30 pressure switch is out I think it shouldn't be as hard to get this done.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
So would this theoretical tailcap be similar to that of the M20??

Or do you have no information at all??

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
How is this for customer service!?
I e-mailed Olight this afternoon and asked about the prospect of obtaining smooth replacement tailcaps for the M30. Within hours I recieved word from one of their customer service reps, here is what they told me; A: Smooth tailcaps were just produced and B: That Matt will order some soon.
I was also asked if I was a member of CPF, what does that mean? lovecpf

Last edited:

bkumanski

Enlightened
Hmm, maybe I'll have to put mine back in service:twothumbs. So the Eagletac switches work on the Olight? Ill have to try mine. Too bad there is only high though.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Yea, give it a shot, let me know which model(s) you have and if they are compatable. I have a few EagleTacs, so if I could use those tailcaps in the meantime while waiting for the factory replacements, that would be a decent compromise.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
How is this for customer service!?
I e-mailed Olight this afternoon and asked about the prospect of obtaining smooth replacement tailcaps for the M30. Within hours I recieved word from one of their customer service reps, here is what they told me; A: Smooth tailcaps were just produced and B: That Matt will order some soon.
I was also asked if I was a member of CPF, what does that mean? lovecpf

Matt, I'll take one!!! If you hear any more info we are ready!!!:popcorn:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggested a smooth tailcap when the light was first brought up in CPF-M. The current tailcap makes the light almost useless to a lot of LEO types, as there are very few carry options.

The whole fascination with pointy parts on a flashlight still puzzle me.