J2 - new titanium light from jillite

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello folks! ;)

Check this "New Titanium (Grade5 6al-4v Titanium) Light" from Jillite.

I instantly fell in love with it.

I used to own old Jillite DD-up, so I know what it's like & it's long runtime & reliability.

Now even better, in titanium version, with more efficiency.

Something like bullet or torpedo shape, it really caught my eyes...

The workmanship & finish is incredibly well performed. Worth more than what I paid for I guess, if not, worth every penny at least.

Here's some pic's. I've got my #003. :nana:

Let us know what you think & what

number you've got, when you get yours.

Very interested in knowing how far they've gone w/serial numbers.

:grin2:

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2104.jpg

IMG_2105.jpg

IMG_2107.jpg

Last edited:

gsxrac

Enlightened
This light is awesome! Im adding it to my list of "Must Haves" Just wish they could have pumped out a few more lumens. May get one to play with and then give it to my fiancee ;)

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good, What's the story with the other light in the pic?
That type of LED set up A powerful LED (white) surrounded with LEDs of another colour, blue, green uv etc!

Is it a type of replacement head?

gsxrac

Enlightened
That type of LED set up A powerful LED (white) surrounded with LEDs of another colour, blue, green uv etc!

Its a McGizmo Lunasol 27. The surrounding LED's are there to provide a great flood beam in addition to the LS27's main beam. Really a beautiful light but pretty expensive ($500 plus if I remember correctly) and Don doesnt have anymore as of right now I dont think. Youd have to keep an eye out on BST or check McGizmo's forum for future wave announcements.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast

The other light from the pic is a McGizmo's Lunasol27. Very gorgeous light. More info here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/193013&highlight=lunasol27

Wow, I've always wanted to get a JilLite, but never got around to it ... this J2 might change my mind. :twothumbs

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed the run on the previous model but I just ordered one now. Looks like a real nice light!

Karl

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeesh, do you stay next to Litemania? That was some lightning fast delivery. :duh2:

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the UI function on this light? I read that it's a twisty and its direct drive, but don't understand how you can get over 15 hours from a CR2 by direct driving a cree xr-e at 80-90 lumens.

http://etendue.cafe24.com/file_data/etendue/jjj.jpg

Is there a second level via a resistor? That would explain the spec'd 15 hour runtime, but it's quite misleading to put 80-90 lumens and 15 hours in the same specifications.

Anyhow, i'm just curious about the light, because it's a nice looking Ti light. Ditto on the torpedo look :)

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does the UI function on this light? I read that it's a twisty and its direct drive, but don't understand how you can get over 15 hours from a CR2 by direct driving a cree xr-e at 80-90 lumens.

Is there a second level via a resistor? That would explain the spec'd 15 hour runtime, but it's quite misleading to put 80-90 lumens and 15 hours in the same specifications.

Anyhow, i'm just curious about the light, because it's a nice looking Ti light. Ditto on the torpedo look :)

Hello, maxspeeds.

I wish I can answer your question, but obviously I can't.
I'll leave it to an expert on this area.

This J2 is a simple on & off light by twist.
Only sinlge brightness level. ;)

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
80-90 lumens is the peak output. i.e. the max you can possibly get
15 hrs is the total runtime with one battery.
The light is directly driven, meaning there is no regulation and you won't get 80-90lumens for 15hrs.

It'll start off at about 80-90lumens then the output will drop gradually until the batteries can no longer keep the emitter lit up.

have a look and you'd understand:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2353300&postcount=228

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sharp looking pair of Ti lights you have there octaf. I also really like the darkened version of the Jill Lite.

That was masterful. By using only a few keywords initially, he had them begging him to take their money by the third page. Well if you won't give us specs, and won't show us a picture yet... would you at least let us PAY for it now?

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also really like the darkened version of the Jill Lite.

The dark colored is a heat treated version.
The surface is hardened, so it should serve better towards anti scratch. :rolleyes:

The color of heat treated one is actually pretty good. Deep color tone.
But I like the bare Ti better. :thumbsup:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
well if you have the heat-treated version, make sure you don't use it as a keyring, as NO TREATMENT survives for very long in a keychain.

first hand experience here with my EX10.