M20 problems

flashlightpower

Newly Enlightened
Hello experts. I've had an M20 warrior for almost a year. Recently it has started to malfunction. The light wont change modes, nor will it light most of the time.

I've done the obvious, clean contacts, new batteries, but no luck. It seems to be an issue with the mode change function. The light has never gotten dirty or dropped.

Any advice on what I can try next, or should I just sed it back to batteryjunction and see if they can repair it, or should I just buy a new light?

Kind of a bummer because I really liked the light.

Rak

Newly Enlightened
Hi,and welcome!

Have you tried opening the bezel and tightening the pill retaining ring under the reflector?I had that problem with mine and this helped along with some loctite on the retaining ring threads.Hope this helps,take care!

Rak

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The rings really seem to loosen by themselves, I had the same problem, and I'm sure it was tightend, as I immediately installed the GITD when I got the light, I always make sure to tighten everything correctly, here you should apply some force as it seems.

I'm gonna check my M20 Titanium now, the reflector was loose when I got it...

Xak

Enlightened
I had a similar problem once and it turned out the reflector was loose.

flashlightpower

Newly Enlightened
Hi,and welcome!

Have you tried opening the bezel and tightening the pill retaining ring under the reflector?I had that problem with mine and this helped along with some loctite on the retaining ring threads.Hope this helps,take care!

Rak

This was it. The retaining ring was actually upside down. I flipped it over, tightened it down and voila!

Thanks guys