Anybody uses a Trikke?

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if it's as fun to use as they show it on TV. Is it worth the price? Or should I stick to a bike?

Thanks.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a couple for my neice and nephew at Christmas several years ago. The riding was somewhat limited due to the poor roads around their home, but they seemed to enjoy playing in the basement with them during the cold West Virginia winters.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ride my bike on an asphalt path around an air park here. The path is 7 feet wide with a lane in each direction. There were a few people riding those trikkes on the path. The movement necessary to make them go has then taking up both lanes in a side to side movement. My complaint about them, and it may be just these riders, they had ipods with ear plugs, I could not get their attention to pass them. I finally went out into the street to get around them. They seem to need a lot of room going side to side.

Stormchaser1

Newly Enlightened
Im actually saving up for one right now. If anyone knows which model-or wheels is best for freestyle, please chime in.

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Stormchaser1, if you're already decided that you're going to get one, checkout http://www.trikketalk.com/. I didn't ask my question there because doing so is like asking in CPF if flashlights are worth it :)

What I'm looking to hear from are the people who bought it, tried it, and didn't like it, and why.

Will, those that you've seen, how slow are they? I know bikes are gonna be way faster than trikkes, but are they like walking pace?

Thanks.

jeeves

Newly Enlightened
I have a friend with two. You can get them moving as fast as you like.
His are the 'basic' chrome version with big solid (like roller blade) wheels.

If I had the option of anything else I'd go with it. Mostly because of the terrain (flat). However, I've seen some 'extreme' versions, with air tires and accessories all over that looked like great fun in a trail environment.

I'd say typical speed was a little faster than a slow walk. I'm not sure how fast you can get them to go. I would not buy the version with the hard wheels. I might consider one of the 'trail versions' if I lived in a place with more elevation changes than 3-5 feet.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will, those that you've seen, how slow are they? I know bikes are gonna be way faster than trikkes, but are they like walking pace?

Thanks.

Faster than walking, slower than inline skates. - Walking is 3MPH , I would guess the ones I saw were going 6-7MPH. the inline skaters seem to be around 9-10MPH I have a speedometer on my bike - so these numbers are reasonable..