Novatac 120T pocket clip

AndyT

Newly Enlightened
I recently acquired the Novatac 120T. I was able attach its pocket clip about midway on the flashlight body, so the bottom of the clip is next to the bezel. However, I have seen photos, where the pocket clip is attached to the groove closes to the switch. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it.
I would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks!

linterna

Newly Enlightened
AndyT,

Remove the tailcap, then remove the rubber o-ring on the flashlight body by using a toothpick to get underneath it. Next, fit the ring of the clip down over the flashlight body to where the o-ring was. Then, place the o-ring on top of the clip ring and replace the tailcap.

Hope this helps.

Linterna

AndyT

Newly Enlightened
Just elbow grease. Finally got the top part unscrewed.

pauliedoggs

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen Novatac's website with their latest models? They show the clip on some models secured under the bezel for a head-up carry. Is this possible on all models or is this a recent change for their newer lights? Mine is set up for head-down carry but I would like to switch it.

Thanks.

southernstar

Newly Enlightened
The original Novatac EDC series lights (120E, 120T, 120P) all still have the user installed pocket clip. The offshore models (Storm,Spec Ops, Wichita) all have the clip installed under the bezel for a head up carry.

The pictures are incorrect, and the website is undergoing a redesign.

pauliedoggs

Newly Enlightened
The original Novatac EDC series lights (120E, 120T, 120P) all still have the user installed pocket clip. The offshore models (Storm,Spec Ops, Wichita) all have the clip installed under the bezel for a head up carry.

The pictures are incorrect, and the website is undergoing a redesign.

Yeah, I thought it wasn't possible to configure the older light for a head-up carry but I thought I would ask before I went to try to remove the bezel. Thank you for the information.
--Paul

southernstar

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I thought it wasn't possible to configure the older light for a head-up carry but I thought I would ask before I went to try to remove the bezel. Thank you for the information.
--Paul

It is possible, but some of the bezels of the original EDC Series are not long enough to keep the seal against water and moisture. If you try it, make sure the optics are not loose. You will be able to hear the lens rattle around if it doesn't seal.

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Ive noticed when I put the clip on the tail cap side of my new Novatac 120T, it is very loose and can move around instead of being secure in one place.

southernstar

Newly Enlightened
Ive noticed when I put the clip on the tail cap side of my new Novatac 120T, it is very loose and can move around instead of being secure in one place.

May be caused by a battery tube that is on the higher side of the allowed tolerance scale. Also Novatac had received many calls from users that did not understand the o-ring needed to be removed to install the clip. There had been talk of opening the ID enough to fit over the o-ring. Either one may be the cause.