What flashlight related idea would you put in a forensic TV series?

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
well what the title says....

you have to make a story for a show like CSI....what remarkable flashlight trait/gift/characteristic woydl you base the events on and how would teh story evolve?

\i ahve mine naturally just need to research a bit morre in the next few days...

waiting, kostas papakotas

Caesis

Newly Enlightened
- Smacking someone with a flashlight.
- Blinding someone with a flashlight.
- Taking out the batteries and storing crucial evidence IN A FLASHLIGHT :D

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
fast take...someone walls in his victim alive like it happened in EAPOEs "Kask of amodilado" victim maages to put his HDS in low beacon....

40 laters some one sees the beacon nd from the battery charge they extrapolate time of death....

and for the good part...the detective uses a UV led moded aviator...

boosterboy

Enlightened
well, we would see Grisom with the UV LED version of the Kroma, and he would run into 4sevens who works like the Keymaker in the Matrix Reloaded.

4Seven would be making the Red Green Blue and UV MC-E light with the selector ring style.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm a good idea and a reason to bring in a expert modder...

I was thinking of using a flashlight nerd to bring up the flashlight programing flowcahrt and instruction the forensic expert how to measure battery voltgae ala LF5XT....

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a TV show here in the USA called "Bones" there was an episode where they were looking for blood and they used the projector from the inflight movie. since projectors have RGB lights. I thought it would be cool if someone in the plane whipped out a Surefire Kroma instead.

Snow

Enlightened
It could be found that the victim died because of lithium batteries. He forgot to charge them together and the imbalance caused his flashlight to explode.

There could also be an episode where they have flashlights with beams so powerful, they function as swords! Oh, wait...

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
They could get something besides a M4 for looking at stuff they're holding in their hand:rolleyes:

Databyter

Enlightened
An important Diplomat/Scientist/Rockstar/whatever who has dangerously serious epilepsy but who keeps it fairly well controlled with medication and environmental control ( No Flashing lights) is attacked by a disgruntaled ex lover/associate/hitman in an area pre-screened by security.

The attacker used a high power strobe with super-bright alternating LED's of Two different light wavelengths to instigate a grand-mal siezure resulting in death.

When investigated they find the stock light but determine it isn't powerful enough to cause the seizure, until in a moment of boredom/looking for a beer/wild sexplay one of the investigators finds the secret mode ring which overdrives and occilates the otherwise high end but non-lethal light.

The attacker is tracked through the custom work done on the light.

Candlepower Forums was found to not be at fault ( they gave the FBI some serious discounts on tactical gear).

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Candlepower Forums was found to not be at fault ( they gave the FBI some serious discounts on tactical gear).

hahaha I love it....but strobe induced epilepsy is very controversial..google the Ken Good's info on the subject...

but...ever since I experienced strobe light in a club i know that spatial awareness and time sence is reduced dramatically..maybe I can squeeeze that in a club exchange of gunfire....