E2DL head on E1B body runtime request

sfca

Enlightened
Title says it all. I'm thinking of doing that + scalloped tailcap. I'd like a smaller light E2DL.
For those who know what should we expect in terms of runtime and brightness?

Comments on this specific combo by users are welcome.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
If I get around to it, I'll run my E2DL head on my Nitecore Extreme body with 1 cell, should be the same run time. Oooooh, this setup makes my E2DL RCR123 compatible!:hitit:

Edit: Never mind, does not fit properly :(

LumenMan

Enlightened
I put my E2DL head on my E1B Body. Using a RCR123 rechargeable, the output is slightly brighter with the E2DL head vs the E1B head. I haven't conducted any runtime tests.

sfca

Enlightened
That's all I need to hear. I like the brightness of the original light so I'll keep it at it's current size for now.
Thanks!

sfca

Enlightened
Actually would anyone know if there's a 18650 body that would work with an E2DL head?

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
There has been few runs of custom made for 18650 E series compatible bodies in the past. I recently obtained a Mirage Man's split body 1x18650, but paid top dollars for it due to lack of availability.

Based on my experience, they are not easy to find.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually don't know yet. I JUUUUST ordered a E2DL head from market place and will try it out once received.

I'm planning to run it with AW 18650-26. When I find something I'll be sure to post it.

Nathan

Enlightened
They are a two-piece design due to the larger diameter of an 18650 cell. It won't fit through the opening of a regular E-series body. More parts, more machining, more $.

Nathan

Enlightened
I put my E2DL head on my E1B Body. Using a RCR123 rechargeable, the output is slightly brighter with the E2DL head vs the E1B head. I haven't conducted any runtime tests.

This is my experience as well. IIRC, runtime on high is about an hour on an RCR. But don't quote me on that.