• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: MZP7-3, tri-P7 KT4/M6 drop in, Shark Buck 3A/recoded Remora, beamshots added

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a drop-in module for the Surefire KT4 head. Full details of the MZ line can be found here, with the pertinent post here. This module is very similar save for the LED bin and recoded Remora with spaced out levels (lower lo and med), and revised timing.

24yvip4.jpg

20idiqc.jpg

Details:
- (3) SSC P7 DSVNI, Vf of string = 10.3V @ 3A
- Contact piece has a spring for universal use with FM 3 X 17670 holder in stock body or Megalennium
- recoded Remora with lower levels of 1.5%, 18%, and 100%. Switch timing for level changes is nearly identical to the GDuP.

Installed in a KT4 clone:

9itzxe.jpg

21lqv06.jpg

Purchase options:
- bare module, DIY installation, $375
- installed in your KT4, $395
- installed in the KT4 clone pictured above, $445
- installed in a brand new M6, no FM holder, $650
- FM 3 X 17670 holder, add $40
- Other used M6 hosts available, inquire.

Price includes PP fees and US shipping, international additional at cost.

Adding some beamshots to give you and idea of how the new Remora levels are spaced. The first set is of the subject module. The second is of a similar module with DSWOJ and the old Remora. Both were mounted on the same Megalennium body.

The new lo level doesn't even show up. You can read by it in darkness, but not while preserving your night vision. Outdoors you can see the area directly underneath you, but not much farther.

Beamshots are all taken at the same settings: ISO 200, white balance sunshine, F4, 1/8 sec.

Last edited:

1wrx7

Enlightened
Re: FS: MZP7-3, tri-P7 KT4/M6 drop in, Shark Buck 3A/recoded Remora

Nice LZ:thumbsup:

I was so happy when I finished my MZP7-3 and I found out my Shark didn't have strobe:party: The low on it is still pretty bright. Did you recode the driver yourself? I think a lower low would be more usefull. On the other hand... when I show the light off, I make sure it's on low mode. Then when people comment about how bright it is I get to tell them... "that's the low level":naughty:... here's medium... and high:devil:

Good luck with the sale. For people that don't know... LZ's M6 mods are among the best available.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Keith, the recoded Remora is a prototype of a new Remora that Wayne is working on. When they are ready they will be stock items at the Shoppe.

There is one bug to sort yet as the new Remora lo level is too low when used with the boost Sharks and don't light. Other than that they work just like the GDuP.

GunSmoke16610

Enlightened

For those of you that have not had the privledge to own a LZ build I want to point a few perks of owning a LZ product.

• Service= Dennis has helped me twice when I clearly caused a problem FREE of charge!
  • Quality= The build is IMO the absolute best quality available today

:thumbsup:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: MZP7-3, tri-P7 KT4/M6 drop in, Shark Buck 3A/recoded Remora, beamshots added

Thanks Greg!

I've added some beamshots to the first post to give an idea of the new Remora levels.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: MZP7-3, tri-P7 KT4/M6 drop in, Shark Buck 3A/recoded Remora, beamshots added

There's a reason that LED Zep has so many "Cheers" threads over on Marketplace. They're absolutely warranted in every way. :thumbsup:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast

For those of you that have not had the privledge to own a LZ build I want to point a few perks of owning a LZ product.

• Service= Dennis has helped me twice when I clearly caused a problem FREE of charge!
  • Quality= The build is IMO the absolute best quality available today

:thumbsup:

Big +1! I messed up my LZ drop-in multiple :sick: times, and both times Dennis helped me out. Pure Class!

-Mayo

Last edited:

easilyled

Flashaholic

This superbly designed module in an M6 is a beautiful powerhouse of a light that dissipates the heat so well that I have total confidence in keeping it on the high level for an extended period.

Let me tell you that it puts out an :eek: amount of light in full regulation ie with 6 cells.

I bought a turnkey light from LedZeppelin with this module in it and its amazing. :thumbsup:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Chris, and everyone else for the support!

Module is sold, PM sent regarding final assembly technique.

Last edited:

Latest posts