ArcAAA in leatherman sheath - perfect fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deanster

Enlightened
I've had my Leatherman wave for a couple years now, and love it. However, it came packaged with a Mini-M*g AAA, and a loop to hold it.

leatherman.jpg

However, as sold, this combo is nearly useless - the light is dim, turns on easily in the holder, is long enough to get pushed out and fall out, and stabs the wearer. The Wave is, of course, perfect.

After carrying it without the light for nearly 2.5 years, I was holding it and my trusty Arc-AAA today...

leathermanarc.jpg

and thought I'd see how it fit - like a glove! It holds perfectly, fits perfectly (note how you can just see the head of the AAA peeking out the bottom), and the biggest problem was fishing it back out, until I added a lanyard of cord w/ reflecting strips. Perfect!

leathermanarc1.jpg

scooter

Newly Enlightened
This looks very handy. But I am unclear how you have prevented the Arc from falling through the bottom. Did you modify the loop with elastic or something?

Deanster

Enlightened
It is indeed already proving handy.

It holds tightly enough I have no concern about the Arc falling out - it's not heavy enough to pull out, and the knurling seems to grab the nylon in a slightly velcro-like way.

The bigger problem was getting it out easily, until I added the lanyard. It now takes a moderate pull to get it out - not hard enough to make it difficult, but enough that I'm confident in the 'staying power' of the set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.