EX10 help needed - resolved by Nitecore, 3 cheers!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: Well, the problem has been resolved and i coulda saved some money but what the hey, i was too anxious to wait for a reply but i should have, i should have.

My email was sent to Nitecore and in 3 hours and 20 minutes they replied!! :twothumbs

here's the important parts of the reply:

Kelvin from Nitecore said:
Dear xxxxx

Thank you for your letter here.

I am sorry to hear that. Our EX10 lens is made of mineral glass which is impact-resisent. Please advise me your address, so that I can send you the lens by airmail for free.

Any further question, please let me know.

Kelvin
NITECORE.

That is some good service!

Thanks again to everyone who helped out!

end of edit

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to look at this. Had a mishap with my EX10 resulting in the lens cracking really badly and i therefore need a replacements lens.

checked the specs for the EX10 on Nitecore's website and it states there that the bezel diameter is 21.5mm. I tried looking for replacement lenses on their site but no luck there.

I saw on Flashlightlens.com that there is a 21.3mm x 1.85mm UCL lens which i can get for $4.25 excl shipping (which is $2+ to me in Singapore, darn, 50% of the price of the lens but what the heck, i need it)

Would that lens fit? Anyone ever had to replace their EX10 lens before?

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EX10 help needed

If I were you I would send an email directly to Nitecore asking for a replacement lens and they will probably send one to you for free. :)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: EX10 help needed

thanks guys, i got an 18mmx1.85mm UCL lens from flashlightlens.com and also emailed Nitecore about spare lenses as i dont think that i am the only one who has had a lens break (or am I?) i didnt email 4sevens as my EX10 was bought off CPFMP so they might not entertain me since i didnt purchase it from them.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
It is very refreshing to see so many companies standing behind their products these days. I have had GREAT warranty and repair success with 4Sevens, Nitecore, Surefire, and EagleTac, all due to mostly minor issues that only flashaholics like ourselves would need to contact customer support for. This is a good time buy a light! :party:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats is indeed good service glad you getting it fixed. You never told how the mishap occurred, was you using the lanyard?

you got a PM

EDIT: couldnt PM, it kept going to "page cannot be displayed" so what the heck, i'll just post how the lens got cracked here

Well, was out with the boys having some beers and as usual the alcoholics had a go at the flashaholic. One of them was going on about how i was an idiot to blow that much cash on a light and how he had a $6, 3xAAA, 9-LED showerhead light that was just as good.

So i took out the EX10, hurled it full force at a brick wall about 6 feet away, picked it up, turned it on and asked him if his light could do that.

*awed silence*

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chipped and scratch a P100C2 pretty good this week. I walk from house to car with light using lanyard but failed to re-holster and put into my lap.

Next time i got out of the car it went flying across the pavement tearing up the bezel pretty good. If it would have had a stainless bezel It would not have had a scratch.

Your story is much better though with the brick wall and alcohol, were is the video when we need it.

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I chipped and scratch a P100C2 pretty good this week. I walk from house to car with light using lanyard but failed to re-holster and put into my lap.

Next time i got out of the car it went flying across the pavement tearing up the bezel pretty good. If it would have had a stainless bezel It would not have had a scratch.

Your story is much better though with the brick wall and alcohol, were is the video when we need it.

well, seeing as i have 2 lenses on the way, i am going to wait till both get here and then decide if i am gonna do that again, hahaha.