Check out the new Hubble Telescope High Res Images

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
What an amazing instrument that telescope is. It has helped to broaden our knowledge of the universe. Aside from its early defect that was thankfully corrected, it has been better than expected and still usable after all these years.

I think the 1970's Voyager crafts are still sending back data from the edge of the solar system.

NeSSuS-GTE

Newly Enlightened
What a remarkable tool Hubble has been. Some of the most beautiful images I have ever seen have been captured by this telescope.

The Hubble Ultra-Deep Field picture captured my imagination like no other image ever has.

I remember in 2004 when much discussion was brewing about canceling service, decommissioning and deorbiting the telescope. How happy I was to see the public out cry that caused funding to be passed for more service missions. Because of that we can see amazing images like these for at least a few more years!

Thanks for post this Lux!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Timely stuff Lux. My dad and I just exchanged some back and forth Hubble emails in the past couple of days, including some older information like the Ultra Deep Field shots.

Here's a video of the UDF info, (be sure to watch in HQ) and also some hi-res photo's that I'm sure are on this same site also.

If you have a slow connection don't waste your time viewing this hi-res image.

I find this stuff fascinating, so thanks for posting it.

Paul