NiteCore EX10 question - Stops after a minute or so..

MvM

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody

I am new to CPF but I have had many flashlights over the years. Starting with the usual Mini Maglite(s) back in the eighties and then switchting over to SureFire's.

Recently I bought a NiteCore EX10 to replace my Proton Pro as everyday carry light in my jeans pocket and am very happy with the quality and the amount of light it produces.

I do have one quirky thing though.

If I switch the light on and keep it on for a somewhat longer time (about 1-2 minutes) it will switch off suddenly.

After that, I cannot switch it on again, but have to loosen the head and tighten it again to get it working again.
It this standard behaviour of the EX10 or Nitecore lights, is it a programmable thing or just an internal safety feature.
To be sure, when the light switches off, it isn't hot to touch or anything.

Any input is welcome.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi MvM and :welcome:

No, the behavior you mention is not normal for an EX10. :eek:

You don't say if this happens regardless of the set output level or at max or min. It might be due to a bad soldering in the circuit which as soon as it becomes slightly hot ceases to work. If this is the case the only way out is a replacement of the light.

Other opinions?

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, that behaviour is definitely not normal, i have left my EX10 GD+ on max for more than 20 minutes as i was verifying that there were no overheating problems and it was fine.

Contact nitecore, their service is great from what i have experienced here

MvM

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the information.
The problem arises primarily with the light set on maximum output but as I understand this should not make a difference.

I will contact my supplier with the problem and arrange for a replacement light.