LED info/knowledge

cjdboston

Newly Enlightened
Could anyone point me toward a few good resources for learning about requirements for building a custom set-up for mt biking?

I know there is a good section on travel lighting (and bike lights in particular), in CPF but I'm looking for more than just what other members have done.

I'd like to learn about the different parts of the system. Voltage, amps, runtimes, buck/boost, controllers, emitters, what all you need to build a system, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

bretti_kivi

Enlightened
recommendation: read up on Taskled's drivers, the shark buck drivers, cells and voltages, the 7135 drivers and you'll understand a lot more than when you started. Then start on battery chemistry, silverfox's capacity tests, jtr1962's LED tests and the material discussions. Taskled's pages will tell you everything you need to know right now about drivers.

However, the question's a bit pointless. What do you want? You'll need to consider optics, - throw, spill - power options, weight, run time and these dictate everything else. When you've got those sorted or at least ballparked...

This is one of the largest, most educational places on the 'net for lights of any kind. If it ain't here, well, it didn't really happen, IMO.

Did you already read your way through the welcome mat?

Bret