Novatac problem - warranty?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: Novatac repaired the flashlight, read post #6.

My main EDC (for nearly a year now) - Novatac 120E seems to be not working as it should. Sometimes it won't turn on, I have to do the reset to get it working. If I bang the flashlight against my hand (to simulate a short fall) when it's off, then it will almost always refuse to turn on again. But it doesn't look like a contact problem... I cleaned all the contacts and checked if anything was loose.

I wrote an email to Novatac 4 days ago and I have not received an answer yet. Is there an address where I can send it for repair/replacement? I am from Europe (Slovakia), so I can't directly call them.

Last edited:

Gatsby

Enlightened
I had an issue with my HDS after a short fall - the problem ended up being the internal spring connector. You may try giving the spring a bit of a twist to lengthen it - then insert it back into the light and see if that fixes it. After lengthening it give it a good twist when it is still in the tail of the light to make sure it is seated well.

It worked for me and other than that blip mine have been rock solid...

Novatac has a reputation for good customer service but with spam filters and firewalls I'm not convinced email is a reliable method of communication anymore.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried to pull every spring and it helped a bit. But still, I can fully rely on the flashlight - it will stop working after every fall and I have to unscrew the tailcap for a short moment and the put it back to get it working again.

Other than that, it's a great EDC flashlight and I have been carrying it with me every day. I borrowed it to a friend and it fell out of his hands on the stairs, I think the problem is caused by this...

southernempire

Newly Enlightened
Is it an older model without the positive contact spring? This is a known issue with the original design. Send it to Novatac and we will fix it for you.

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a small update. I sent the light back (after I got a RMA by email), that was almost over 2 months ago I think. I haven't heared from them anything yet, no reply my email that was sent 2 weeks ago (asking about the repair status). I will try to email them again.
I will post here if I should ever receive the flashlight back repaired...

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
If anyone is still watching this: My novatac has just returned from USA, and it seems they repaired it. The whole "operation" took over 2 months, but repair was free and it works good now.
They took long to reply to my emails but in the end, it works.

Ziemas

Enlightened
My main EDC (for nearly a year now) - Novatac 120E seems to be not working as it should. Sometimes it won't turn on, I have to do the reset to get it working. If I bang the flashlight against my hand (to simulate a short fall) when it's off, then it will almost always refuse to turn on again. But it doesn't look like a contact problem... I cleaned all the contacts and checked if anything was loose.

I wrote an email to Novatac 4 days ago and I have not received an answer yet. Is there an address where I can send it for repair/replacement? I am from Europe (Slovakia), so I can't directly call them.
Use Skype to call them. It's cheap and effective; free if it's an 800 number.

cloggy

Newly Enlightened
I too contacted Novatac for an RMA number when my ten month old EDC 85T stopped functioning but did not get a reply.
Fortunately I had bought the light from Lighthound who replied promptly to my email and replaced the light with a new one.
You do not say where you bought your light but it may be worth contacting the seller.