TK30 is (really) coming

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
:caution: This is NOT an advertisement. I have no affiliation with Fenix. I am simply posting a new thread on TK30 after a member asked me to :thumbsup:

Here's all I know. I got an email from Fenix Research regarding the "Name My Light Campaign" (contest). The whole point of it is to think of a name for Fenix's new light, the MC10. I went to the contest page and read the rules. In the awards section it says "The first prize: TK30 or TK40". :thinking: I immediately thought TYPO! :ohgeez: I emailed Fenix explaining the above and saying quote ""TK30" to my knowledge does not exist, unless this is your guy's way of introducing a new light? I think you guys meant "TA30". Well, thanks again :) Fight the Order".

Two Fenix employees from marketing replied. Paraphrasing: The first employee said that the TK30 is a new product that will come out soon. They did not specify further. The second said that the TK30 is their new powerful light, and that he thinks we will like it just as much as the TK40.

I guess Fenix just likes surprising us :crackup: :p

I'm guessing it will be officially released in late 2009 or early 2010. The contest ends September 30th, and winners are announced October 10th, just to put things in perspective. So that's all I know. I know, it's not much, but eh.
Does anyone know more? Please come forward and share! ;)

Once again this is NOT an ad. :thanks:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i asked to, got an answer i wanted to know but im not sure if they want it known it exists yet as they asked me where i heard about the tk30

partial quote :)

"But how do you know the TK30? it hasn't been released, as far as I know, "

CGD08

Newly Enlightened
partial quote :)

"But how do you know the TK30? it hasn't been released, as far as I know, "

haha :laughing:

Yeah we should probably keep it low-key. :candle:

Hope Fenix isn't mad at me lol :p
or else There goes my chance to review Fenix lights :ohgeez:

AusKipper

Enlightened
OOh, i am literally on the edge of my seat now...

I hope its a TK40 with increased throw (and maybe a little bit of increased brightness..)

I wonder why the went TK30 instead of TK50 though... (or TK41..)

Intriguing..

tolkaze

Enlightened
Hadn't even heard of the MC10 before now... well, haven't done any reading on it anyway. Nice little light.

Also looking forward to seeing the TK30 specs, might end up being my first fenix

Mike Rivera

Newly Enlightened
I just got my TK40 today and can't wait for it to get dark.

How can they make it better? Eight AAs seems fine to me. It feels great in the hand and seems to be a prefect size for it's intended use.

I'm sure (after reading all the posts) that it will be great in use.

TK30 - I can't wait to hear about it.

- Mike

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting to think that it may use a SST 50 or 90 :thinking:

Because that is the current growing trend with Olight, so Fenix may follow...

Or could it be an XPG :thinking:

Last edited:

burntoshine

Enlightened
it would give me the excuse to buy some 18650s and a charger.

sort of like when you're working on something; perfect reason to justify buying a new tool or two; or set of tools.

...might as well get two of everything!

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
yeah, i remember reading in a thread where david was saying that there's no way they're doing the 8 AA thing again.

Yeah, but was David speaking for himself or for Fenix?

I'd be interested to find out the sales numbers for the tk40.

If the sales numbers are good or better ... then it does not support the suggestion that Fenix will not go down the 8xaa path again.

Heck, I bought the tk40 for that reason! I have lots of eneloops ready.

pseudoblue

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if it was a typo too, thanks for this thread.

I think the reason why it's not TK41 or 50 but TK30 clearly has something to do with the size! I'm expecting something smaller than TK40. 2x18650/4xCR123 sounds right :D Programmable UI perhaps.. :thumbsup: