• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mag SST-50

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I put together a couple of Mags with the new SST-50 LED.

I have a Old School Blue/Purple and a Black available currently. Any color can be made upon request.

-Sub 1d Mag Host
-Custom Heatsink
-Glow powder around LED Pedastal
-D2Flex Driver Board (5 levels)
-Borafloat Lens
-Modified Stock Reflector (I can also include a stock sputtered reflector at no additional charge)
-Powered by your choice of a 18650 or the new BatterySpace 4000mah 26650 cell (No Battery Included)

http://www.batteryspace.com/limnnirechargeable26650cell37v4000mah10arated148wh.aspx

Current Draw with *Estimated* Runtimes based off of the BatterySpace 4000mah Cell

Level 1 10ma 2400 minutes or 40 hours
Level 2 225ma 1066 minutes or 17.76 hours
Level 3 667ma 359 minures or 6 hours
Level 4 1.4a 171 minutes or 2.85 hours
Level 5 3.2a 75 minutes or 1.25 hours

Price is $199 plus shipping

P1040192-vi.jpg

P1040187-vi.jpg

P1040174-vi.jpg

Massive Heatsink compared to the standard "C" Heatsink

P1040163-vi.jpg

SST-50 Mag on Left :) Aleph 1 27mm reflector with Seoul P4 at 1.2amps on right.....if you can see it!

P1040198-vi.jpg

Last edited:

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Mac, Very tempting, Cold you clarify a few questions?

What Bin/tint are the SST-50? Are you able to get Top Bin & 57K Kevin later?
Is the Vf high so can't get to 5A full spec even with DD?
Are the D2Flex the new one with 10A capability?

thanks

Last edited:

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Very tempting, Cold you clarify a few questions?

What Bin/tint are the SST-50? Are you able to get Top Bin & 57K Kevin later?
Is the Vf high so can't get to 5A full spec even with DD?
Are the D2Flex the new one with 10A capability?

thanks

The LED's where bought from the only supplier that has any and the exact bins are not provided. The D2Flex are not the new version and no D2Flex has 10amp capability. Even though George added a 10amp capable FET to address some of the problems I was having he never re-rated the board for 10 amp operation. The D2Flex is a PWM direct drive board and with a fully charged cell the LED's see from 3amp to 3.5amp maximum.

Mac

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, not to hijack this thread, but it looks like you like this new LED. It's my favorite so far. It will be nice when the specific bins are available. I think it's a huge improvement from the P7 or MC-E being that it's a single die.

Why do you suppose it only draws 3.5A? Is that because of the Vf, or is overrated? LedZep measured Vf = 3.7V @ 5A on mine.I doubt there is much difference in light output, it looks like output plateaus after ~3.5A. it's very happy running there.

I can't wait to see your SST-90 work!

Great Job!!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, not to hijack this thread, but it looks like you like this new LED. It's my favorite so far. It will be nice when the specific bins are available. I think it's a huge improvement from the P7 or MC-E being that it's a single die.

Why do you suppose it only draws 3.5A? Is that because of the Vf, or is overrated? LedZep measured Vf = 3.7V @ 5A on mine.I doubt there is much difference in light output, it looks like output plateaus after ~3.5A. it's very happy running there.

I can't wait to see your SST-90 work!

Great Job!!

The current will vary with every led. Lumiled's had the best binning as you knew what you where getting. All the latest LED's I have worked with vary greatly and I'm talking about LED's from the same reel. I have seen some P7's draw 1 amp more than the previously measured LED. I assume that these new SST LED's are the same.

Mac

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have these D size Accupower LSD NiMH cells here looking for something nice to go in, would you make a longer one for me? I pretty sure the discharge rate is OK for them. 3 cells should get it done, maybe :thinking:, and give me some long runtimes, but 4 cells is fine by me too. Silver or Red would be nice. I am jonesing for some throw today.
Wouldn't have to cut down the tube............:D Less work for you.

I have no experience with the D2Flex, never read about it before now either. I tend to notice PMW pretty easily, is PMW active on high too?
I suppose I need to read more about the D2Flex to see if I like it, are there other driver options?

If I'm way off here please forgive me it's 4AM and I can't sleep. :eek:

mash.m

Enlightened
The D2Flex are not the new version and no D2Flex has 10amp capability. Even though George added a 10amp capable FET to address some of the problems I was having he never re-rated the board for 10 amp operation. The D2Flex is a PWM direct drive board and with a fully charged cell the LED's see from 3amp to 3.5amp maximum.

Mac

hi,

to clarify: the actual d2flex have a 10 amps compatible fet onboard - i am shure - i just done one in my military mag and had some technical mails with george. also read the specs from the fet itself. if you need, you can also stack the fet and change the gate resistor, so you easy can switch 20 amps or more. my d2flex drive more then 10 amps without any problems.

markus

edit: by the way - nice clean work like all of your mod´s - go on