Need Advice for Flashlight Choice

Roberts30

Enlightened
Howdy, I know this is probably the ten billionth thread about this but here it goes: What I am wanting to buy is a medium sized light (M*G 2D size or smaller) I want something that can throw a long ways, to impress the buddies :D Here are some other specs:
LED
Small hotspot (heavy throw)
VERY Bright (not much flood)
Price Range: Around $100

Thanks for any info!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I'd highly recommend that you go here fill in the checklist, copy it and edit your post #1 and paste the replies to that checklist there, this will give everyone a whole lot more required information.

Cos, e.g. 2D Mag, do a ROP (Roar of the Pelican Mod) with a high output (i think its the WA 1185 bulb) and you get output that no stock maglite can even come close to even considering the very idea of the thought of beating :D

BUT that isnt LED, high output, mainly spot, means no multi die LEDs, which leaves us with throwers, the DEFT comes to mind but that is outside budget, not sure how much the Tiablos are going for, the Tiablo A10 is retailing for $132 before CPF discount (code is "CPF8").

For pure throw, i'm thinking Tiablo A9 with the aspherical lens ($35 from 4 sevens before discount) but 4sevens seems to be out of stock of the A9, so you'll have to find that elsewhere.

here are some threads to help you out

2nd best thrower after DEFT

$100 - $150 thrower

do a search using the word 'thrower' in the title and loads of threads will pop up

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy, I know this is probably the ten billionth thread about this but here it goes: What I am wanting to buy is a medium sized light (M*G 2D size or smaller) I want something that can throw a long ways, to impress the buddies :D Here are some other specs:
LED
Small hotspot (heavy throw)
VERY Bright (not much flood)
Price Range: Around $100

Thanks for any info!
For a little bit more than 100USD, you can get a JetBeam Raptor RRT-1, which is a phenomenal long-range flashlight of superb quality.

Check it out: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/raptorrrt1.html