Super Cheap Silicone Grease

Max53

Newly Enlightened
I have so far discovered that silicone grease is the only way to go if i want to lube the thread on my flashlight. Can anyone recommend a cheap grease that i can get from a uk website and am i looking for a spray or thick grease.
Thanks!

Max53

Newly Enlightened
So is that a thick grease in a pot? Also is it really worth doing?

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stateside automotive tuneup grease is available at any auto parts store and most large department stores that have an automotive dept. It comes in a small squeeze tube, sort of like those superglue tubes but 10x bigger. It may be labeled tune-up grease, dielectric grease, or some combination of those.

herulach

Enlightened
chainreactioncycles do a silicon spray meant for mountain bike forks, will last you forever.

That said, I use a teflon based dry chain lube (had it knocking around for the bike) which is spot on.

vali

Enlightened
If you have a dive store near, I think it will be the best place to search for silicon grease.

I got 2x60 g for about 6 euro here. I think I will not be able to use that amount in flashlights in my entire life.

allthumbs

Newly Enlightened
I found my tube of super-lube at Harbor Freight, I have seen it at Lowes. You could check Home depot and Wal-Mart. If your ordering anything from Bright guy they have it.

lebox97

Enlightened
walmart in shooting section sometimes carry it, radioshack too - and amazon...
froogle "super-lube" - you'll find tons of places

I was going to order a few hundred of these for giveaways until I found my lights came with lube (which they are now stopping due to postal shipping restrictions - for bulk)...
1cc packet Super lube, so I might still.

Yes but where did you find it I have looked in all the Ace hardware stores around here and nothing. Last place I know to look is True Value store.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
walmart in shooting section sometimes carry it, radioshack too - and amazon...
froogle "super-lube" - you'll find tons of places

I was going to order a few hundred of these for giveaways until I found my lights came with lube (which they are now stopping due to postal shipping restrictions - for bulk)...
1cc packet Super lube, so I might still.

I have no trouble finding the Super Lube synthetic but can't find the pure silicone grease. On Super Lube website it is product number 92003 or 92016.

I suppose the lights with lube is the Eagletac's, I just got one to and really like the silicone grease it came with. Thats why I to am now in search or pure silicone like the Super Lube.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
try the plumbing section of most hardware places.... that is where you can find it,
I have about 4 containers of it if you cannot find any.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok thanks I found some silicone grease from Lowe's it not Super Lube but made by Gunk and seems pretty good. It was more expensive than I thought about $4 for .5oz(14grams) but should last a long time.

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
If any of you live near a well stocked RC hobby shop, they should have silicone based diff grease made of different viscosities for gear differentials in larger scale RC vehicles. They're just used for slower or faster diff action depending on the thickness used.

I've used various types and thicknesses for my flashlights without issue. I know team associated also makes a sampler pack that contains 4 different thicknesses too. I paid about 11 dollars for the sampler on clearance at Hobby People here in Pasadena, California.

Hope this helps.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used the silicone grease included with the EagleTac lights, and it's OK.

I far prefer the Super-Lube to silicone. Super-Lube is pretty nice, and can be ordered-in at Ace Hardware stores.

My personal favorite is straight Krytox grease. I sell it over at the marketplace in 5mL syringes.

Many people like the Krytox 50/50 from the shoppe or the marketplace.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
There is a UK based vendor on ebay that sells little pots of Silicone grease. I bought the big pot for around £5, but you will only need the small one. I will never never run out!

Just type in 'silicone grease' on ebay.

Good luck.