Where to get a new switch for a Rexlight

Flic

Enlightened
The switch on my Rexlight just failed. I like the light and would rather fix it than junk it. Anyone know of a good source for replacement switches?

Thanks all.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most any generic Chinese reverse clickie should fit into one. I think the bargain sites should have switches for cheap. You could probably also find someone here on CPF with an extra switch willing to ship you one for the cost of postage. (sorry I' don't have any reverse clickies lying about or I'd send you one.)

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a pic.
flashlightpictures004.jpg

flashlightpictures003.jpg

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
dealextreme.com has a lot of switches and if you can measure the size I think you'll probably find one there. I've ordered some in the past and most seemed reasonable quality.

Flic

Enlightened
Thank you all. I have a spare Fenix LxD switch lying around. I'll try it and report back... if I can find the box it's in.

Flic

Enlightened
Well I tried the Fenix switch and it does not fit..

However I am happy to report the Rex started working again. I had tried tightening the retaining ring previously but no luck. The switch just did not click. Now after disassembling and reassembling it works just like new. Something must have gotten misaligned somehow.

Thanks for your help. I am still searching for a Rexlight replacement switch (just in case). KD and DX seem to be out of stock on the ones I thought would fit. Can you think of any other sources?

fatts

Newly Enlightened
Well I tried the Fenix switch and it does not fit..

However I am happy to report the Rex started working again. I had tried tightening the retaining ring previously but no luck. The switch just did not click. Now after disassembling and reassembling it works just like new. Something must have gotten misaligned somehow.

Thanks for your help. I am still searching for a Rexlight replacement switch (just in case). KD and DX seem to be out of stock on the ones I thought would fit. Can you think of any other sources?

It would help if you posted a photo of what your Rexlight switch looks like.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
damn, I do not remeber whta my Rex 2.0 switch looks like...

If it is like the white one in this photo you are busted....They are not sold anywhere AFAIK...if it rectangular with a red button Dealextreme has probably similar ones...

Why don't you ask Kaidomain for a replacement?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
That black plastic unit should be eady to find. It's just a simple on/off switch. You would have to take the old switch apart, probably soldering required. That washer, by the button, looks like it's just glued to the plastic.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is exactly the switch I need. Any other ideas on where to source one? Nothing I have seen on the Chinese sites looks like a good fit.
I can't really tell the size of the switch from the pictures, but if you want I can bring a forward clicky switch for a Romisen RC-N3 with me on Sunday to see if that would fit.

The only other spare switches I have definitely would not work.

Flic

Enlightened
I can't really tell the size of the switch from the pictures, but if you want I can bring a forward clicky switch for a Romisen RC-N3 with me on Sunday to see if that would fit.

The only other spare switches I have definitely would not work.

Thanks for the offer. I'll bring my light along.

Latest posts