Titan T1A pocket clip?

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I have been looking at the T1A as an EDC light for some time and I just can't get use to the idea of something with out a clip. I figured with all of the creative abilities that lie in the CPF some one could machine a tail that would accept a a clip.

While I don't have the machining skills to do such a thing I wanted to put this idea out there and see if the skilled people of the CPF could make a run of these.

The thinking was to make a tail cap that would screw on to the T1A as the stock one did but then to have an additional ~1/4 of material let on top of the threaded portion. That section could then be drilled and tapped to accept some type of generic pocket clip. Something like the Bitz clip.

I am throwing this idea out there, I hope this sparks interest and some one can run with it to make a batch of pocket clip accepting tail caps for the T1A.

Viper715

Enlightened
+1. The T1A needs a good pocket clip. I used the pocket clip from a ZL H30 for a while and it worked but was not idea.

foxtrot824

Enlightened
I'm not very good with a vernier caliper as I generally use mine as an adjustable wrench but I think I read about .800" OD of the body

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Sign me up! I would love a clip for my T1A... Do you have a pic of the Gerber clip you are talking about, or perhaps a bit more info? Much appreciated!

foxtrot824

Enlightened
This would be a simple solution. I'd still like to see if there was enough interest to machine up a tail that could accept custom clips.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why stop there?

How about a tail + extension (one piece, or separate pieces) that will provide for a clip attachment and allow it to run on 2xAA?

Latest posts