2 c mag mod help

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
ok im just starting this and im new to the hobby. ive been reading alot on here but i would like to ask a few questions. ive ordered the heatsink and the emmitter. the heatsink is from litemania and the emitter is from dx a seoul ssc p4 i asume the p4 and p7 body are close enuff alike that i can use a p7 heatsink on a p4 emitter.

what i need to know is what driver i should use and what type batteries ive seen mention of the nimh subc batterries but would i just stack them in there like regular batteries or would i need to fashion a harness? also how would i charge these batteries? any help is much appreciated

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Three SubC's would not fit in your 2C Mag. Three 4/5 subC's would fit, maybe cutting the tailcap spring back a little. Capacity would be about 2200mAh, but they would be strong high amp cells. cheapbatterypacks.com has these cells. Look under "loose cells". They could be charged in a charger that used C cells, with a conductive spacer, due to their short size.

Bill

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
thanx for the help. the 4/5 sub c would be a good choice right? i mean they would have to be better than just the 2 c batteries. what are some other chaoices are there any? im new to this and i dont know much about batteries. also would a micropuck be a good driver? ive read about them and they seem to be pretty reliable? but ive only seen them in d cell mods. thanx again.lovecpf

Gunner12

Flashaholic
They want you to use 3 4/5 C batteries so you won't need a driver. I think they are suggesting a direct drive Seoul P7 mod, which is pretty simple and bright.

Are you going to drive a Seoul P4, P7, Cree XR-E, MC-E or other LED? Which batteries do you want to use? If you are sticking with just 2 c batteries, drive a Seoul P4, Cree XR-E, XP-E, or Luxeon K2 TFFC with a boost driver like the micropuck or similar.

The micropuck depends on voltage, and not battery capacity. They will work as well on 2 AAA batteries as they will work with 2 huge batteries that supply 3v in series.

:welcome:

mrmickeyknox

Newly Enlightened
a seoul P4. and ive decided to use the micropuck and stick with regular c batteries. it should be a pretty bright light wouldnt you think? much better than any led drop in such as nite ize or such.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Use rechargeable C's, good quality in the 5000mAh range, each cell, so two would be 2.4 volts nominal at 5000mAh capacity. NiMh C's will charge up to 1.4+ volts each.

Bill