any thoughts on this LED lantern?

steve_vance

Enlightened
I found this on the website of a company I buy from in Taiwan...I believe at least one dealer sells it here. I think it's a great item for camping AND power outages.

fbec3346.jpg

Illuminated

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF Steve,

No Problem - I know it's hard to find info here since there's sooo much to search/sift through.

I'm very interested in this lantern since it appears to be water resistant, and I'm an avid camper.

Please tell us about it if you get one (or anyone else who has one).

John

steve_vance

Enlightened
I can order them from the rep.....don't know cost....will find out.

thanks for the welcome....just this morning I learned how to use the UBB code to post my picture, put photos in posts, etc...one of the CPF members was kind enough to put up a post about the imagestation....

FYI I get most lights wholesale....don't ask me how I managed this....guess I just make friends easily....have agreements with Streamlight, Princeton Tec, Pelican, Nuwai, and some others...not ARC, sorry.

If I can help give me a shout.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Steve,

If you are going to sell lights, it's best to review the rules governing such, or ask someone else for more info. You might be considered a "dealer" as such.

There's also the Buy/Sell/Trade forum for individual/private sales - though I've never sold items myself.

Your wholesale agreements with the popular manufacturers sounds attractive...people are always looking for best deals on items such as these.

BTW - I'm very interested to learn more about that lantern!

Thanks - John

steve_vance

Enlightened
John (and fellow CPFers):
FYI: I'm not going to sell lights....the most it will be is an occasional "favor"....I work for a securities firm, and we are prohibited from being "in any other business". I also don't have the time. Collecting and using flashlights is fun for me, a hobby: I don't want to turn it into a job.

Maybe most importantly, I DO NOT want to provide yet more competition for companies like Brightguy and Inretech, that are working hard every day, to run a business in a lousy economy.
So no, I won't be showing up in the "dealer's corner". But thanks for the good word: I certainly want to abide by any and al of the CPF guidelines- I value my relationship with each and every CPF member.

Thanks, John for the good thoughts. Will get a price on the lantern.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Steve,

No worries...I just wouldn't want to see any any feathers ruffled or hard feelings to arise from someone not realizing that it is inadvertantly possible as a result of innocent and good intentions.

I don't think anyone here has intentions of doing so purposefully.

Thanks - John

steve_vance

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Illuminated said:
Steve,

No worries...I just wouldn't want to see any any feathers ruffled or hard feelings to arise from someone not realizing that it is inadvertantly possible as a result of innocent and good intentions.

I don't think anyone here has intentions of doing so purposefully.

Thanks - John

[/ QUOTE ]

I share your feelings, John....
Thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif