I'm in deep doodoo

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered some stuff from Lighthound and he charged me tax. Now I see he's in Texas, near me. LIke 6 miles or so. And he has a storefront.

:broke:

ToeMoss

Newly Enlightened
How does that put you "In deep doodoo"? Just means you spent a couple dollars more.

fixitman

Newly Enlightened
6 miles away, has a storefront.
I imagine there is a very strong magnetic field pulling you there....
best of luck to you :eek:

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your that close to LH and are a flashaholic you are indeed in deep doodoo. You better move to another state.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a second I was like that's sweet your so close:thumbsup:……then I realized what I'd be doing if I lived 6 miles away from a major flashlight retail store….:broke:

bansuri

Enlightened
I'm sorry for your loss.

Hey, maybe you could get a part-time job there and get promos and employee discount!!!:party: Oh, wait, that would be like an alcoholic working in a liquor store. :oops:

The plus side is that you can buy extra flashlights with what you would have spent on shipping, so it's win/win.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ordered some things thursday night late and it showed up on my door this morning. I do need to go there and browse though. I'll leave my credit card at home :)

tlillard23

Newly Enlightened
go there and break a bunch of displays and say "I have my maglights, what does ANYONE need this CRAP FOR??!!!"

The hospital bill might be less than the flashlight bill.....

allburger

Enlightened
I work in the Chemical industry and I was in Freeport, Tx for a few weeks. This is only 35 minutes from Pearland, from what I hear. I very badly wanted to take a trip but never got the time. Let us know how it is!!! They close at 6 i believe, and i never left work before 5 so that was the problem.

I will be traveling to Freeport a few times a year, I hope i can make it to the store.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
At least you will be on first name basis with everybody...

I always have to resist the urge to stop by a local store (when I go by) and play with the Fenix lights they started to carry alongside their usual Streamlights.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
take photos of their store and post them here :D along with your purchases

Not much to see in their store. They don't really have many lights on display. They just have a few shelves with plastic tubs full of various stuff like batteries and light accessories. They do have several Fenix lights hanging on a display, but I don't remember seeing many other lights.
Their store front is really more of a shipping warehouse, than a fancy store.
They just moved recently to the new shopping strip on Hwy 518 and I thought they might go a little more upscale and put more lights and knives on display, but they didn't.