Poor Man's Aspheric Lens

Fulgeo

Enlightened
Hey guyz,

Wanted to share some information. I ordered this http://kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=9110
$4.95 including shipping. I put it one of my Cree R2 Mag mods and it worked just fine. Be aware that I used a cut down plastic reflector with this mod and it fit perfect. If you do not use the reflector you will need a thicker O-ring or two O-rings stacked to get a snug fit. It performed better than Kaidomain's old $19.99 lens. The lens itself came to me in perfect condition. Not one blemish and it is considerably shorter in profile than the old Kaidmain lens. Also note that when you order from Kaidomain be prepared to wait a while. My last order took 26 days to get it in my hands.

Happy Mods!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it could be for a Mag ..... the lens is 49.60mm x 18.45mm

Could be the same one as the one DX sells ???

Fulgeo

Enlightened
I think it could be for a Mag ..... the lens is 49.60mm x 18.45mm

Could be the same one as the one DX sells ???

It is dimensionally similar to the one DX sells. I have 6 of the DX lenses and this lens from Kaidomain performs the same. Exactly the same performance. It is for Mag D and C heads. The DX lenses I have came to me with slight blemishes. A few fine scratches and a few rim chips. Not that it effected the performance of the lens mind you but if you are a perfectionist it is apparent. The Kaidomain lens was pristine. I wish I had a digital camera good enough to take a picture of this so I could show you the difference. As mentioned before I can not tell the difference on my mods between the two lenses.

Latest posts