Quarks to the rescue!

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a life and death story, but one that really makes me proud to be a flashaholic.

Over the weekend I attended a friend's going away/birthday party on a yacht.

On the top deck, there is just about no light, because the big area light wasnt working. The harbour people couldnt figure out what was wrong with it, and were trying to fix it, and meantime, the BBQ going on was in the dark.

Out comes my Quark AA and 123A. With my 123A I clip it to the canopy and point it in the direction of the food. WIth my AA, i put it in a cup of ice, and ceiling bounce it to good effect!

I also used a few fauxtons, which i carry around in my bag to light up more areas.

The hostest finally understands now, WHY I carry flashlights. flashaholics 1, everyone else 0. :grin2:
DSC05307.jpg

DSC05309.jpg

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nice job! :twothumbs

I can just imagine the looks on their faces if you pulled out your Legolas.

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Great story, but I have to ask...

Is it just me, or is there a ceiling light turned on in that pic?:thinking:

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sadly, my Legolas had to be sent back to milkylabs for work. I accidently knocked off the LED dome. its been out of comission for some months now, but Its actually on its way back to be with some improvements now! i just sent milky paypal yesterday. :D:D

a true flashaholic, i DID bring my Mag85 though...:devil:
When i ceiling bounced it, everyone round the table literally went...."woah" and the hired photographer requested i leave it on for awhile. We also lit up some other boats in the harbour.

I didnt really get a chance to take too many photos cos, well it WAS a party and i was talking to people. But i must say that im glad those werm neutral white quarks, cos i think really bright WHITE light would kill the atmosphere.

I left the the 123a on medium i think, because i didnt want it getting too hot, but the one in the cup of ice i left on high (not turbo). I dont know why i never thought of doing that before.

there WERE ceiling lights, but for some reason, they didnt go bright. Sitting at that table, you wouldnt be able to clearly see the expression of the person opposite to you. You can see pretty clearly, the ceiling bounce light hitting the blonde girl.

well a few people came up and said it was pretty cool, but my friends (as in, not the other guests) already know i have lights. The hostest is leaving for LA tomorrow for college, and She's all excited about the pink photon i promised to buy for her as soon as she gives me her address over there. flashaholics 2, everyone else STILL 0. :party:

i only wish i brought MORE lights.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
just out of interest, what about the girl that's right next to the guy, was she fascinated by your lights?

Oh, and whats her name? =D

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant remember who she was, but she seemed disinterested. anyway, I wouldnt give out ANYONEs name on a forum. I respect their privacy.
:cool:

Crenshaw

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC my Aeon but I refuse to be seen as a light geek/nerd, ESPECIALLY at parties with grils around. So yes, I'd rather leave them in the the dark than revealing myself as a nerd. LOL, screw them!

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, my office blocks images from most image hosting sites (strangely enough my photobucket pics of the Romisen RC NN3 warm white showed up) so i can't see your pic till i get home, darn it!!

so i guess i have to ask, was the boat you were on the Rising Tide?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, my office blocks images from most image hosting sites (strangely enough my photobucket pics of the Romisen RC NN3 warm white showed up) so i can't see your pic till i get home, darn it!!

so i guess i have to ask, was the boat you were on the Rising Tide?

thats odd, those ARE photobucket photos. :thinking:
well it was at one degree 15 at sentosa, she hired out the Capri.

You know, lights are kinda nerdy i gotta agree, but nerdy can be cool if you're confident about it. did you know that 83% of girls like a well prepared guy?

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Did you know that 83% of girls like a well prepared guy?

Crenshaw

We've all heard that they want a guy with a sense of humor too. But it's a lie. We know what the ladies really like. . . A man with a job. :cool:

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've all heard that they want a guy with a sense of humor too. But it's a lie. We know that the ladies really like. . . A man with a job. :cool:

:crackup: +100 on that!!

so a well prepared man with a job would be liked by 183% of the ladies

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
We've all heard that they want a guy with a sense of humor too. But it's a lie. We know what the ladies really like. . . A man with a job. :cool:
Depends on the job though. If you are delivering pizza or flipping burgers it kills your chances. If you are doing that for a living and on top of it you bring several flashlight to parties, it's even worse! Having said that, a fat bank account is what really matters...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
love how no ones disputes my "facts"

:nana:

proof that confidence works.

Crenshaw

Oh women LOVE a confident man! Doesn't matter what the Hell you're doing! If you're confident about it, they'll flock to you like homeless bums flock to a bottle of booze! It's so true!