Surefire E1B backup

goliteman

Newly Enlightened
Hi I am new to this forum, I have a Surefire 6P and am thinking about getting the E1B, I like the spot beam and reach of the 6P, could anyone tell me how the beam of the E1B compares

Thanks, goliteman

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
I did the same thing as Ed. I assume you have the incandescent lamp in your 6P. Either way, you'll be very impressed with the E1B. It will blow your stock 6P away.

Once you do actually get the E1B, you'll want to upgrade your 6P. Get back to us. :D

goliteman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, you have made up my mind, I will be getting the E1B before the week is out!

Barbarian

Enlightened
the E1B beam is normally quite warm or at least neutral. Its brighter compared to the bluish beam emitted by the 6P.
I think your mixing up the 6P and the 6PL. The 6P is an incan and is nowhere near a blue tint.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi goliteman,

I wouldn't want to poison your mind but this is CPF anyway and it seems normal for us to point you in let's say... a new path of light?

Here's my alternative suggestions. I just bought the LX2 and I love the very nice and bright output that it produces. Though it costs more than the E1B, the UI (user interface) in my opinion is more practical than the E1B.

If smaller form factor is what you are looking for, the LX2 is definitely slimmer than the 6P and outputs much more than the 6P.

Alternatively, you might want to hold onto your purchase until around this December where Surefire may be launching the LX1. Maybe similar in output to, or maybe slightly brighter than the E1B but at around the same size.

goliteman

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot]I haven't been able to get my E1B yet, hopefully next week, as far as the LX2 goes I would love to have one but money holds me back. I have a L2, it's a great light but I would rather have a light with more of a spot beam than the wide beam that the L2 has. I have been thinking about selling it on E-Bay but I am not sure what I could get for it but if I could get enough I will be getting the LX2 in the future. [/FONT]

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
[FONT=&quot]I haven't been able to get my E1B yet, hopefully next week, as far as the LX2 goes I would love to have one but money holds me back. I have a L2, it's a great light but I would rather have a light with more of a spot beam than the wide beam that the L2 has. I have been thinking about selling it on E-Bay but I am not sure what I could get for it but if I could get enough I will be getting the LX2 in the future. [/FONT]

Well, the LX2 does have a very good spot beam and it is well balanced with an average amount of flood. The E1B shares the same beam pattern as well as they are both using TIR optics but just not as bright. I don't own E1B yet but I was able to compare my LX2 to my friend's E1B. Both are very well made lights. If the LX2 does make you drool, why not wait awhile till you get more cash for the LX2 or LX1 when it is launched? It's just a suggestion because I personally love them for the fact that I have the option of using either the lanyard or the clip supplied. Plus the fact that LX2 allows you to do quick double or triple taps of high power lights which the E1B fails to do.