Horizontal "Curtain" problem with Firefox 3.53

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Since there was just an update to 3.53 installed, when I open a new browser window (not a new tab), I am getting essentially a gray browser. I can drag it down to the bottom, as I did partially to show this screenshot. Anyone else noticing this? I'm not sure how to search google for this to see if there is a fix, but it never happened before.

FF-353.jpg

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Horizontal "Curtain" problem with Firfox 3.53

I'm running FF 3.5.3 as well - no problems to report.

When you say you open a new browser window (not tab) - do you mean you start another FF session? If you did it should start up you same startup pages (tabs).

coloradogps

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am running FF 3.5.3, no problems at all.

:shrug:

donn_

Flashaholic

No problems with 3.5.3, and it seems to have solved a lot of the memory leak problem with the past 2 releases.

Go here and look around. If you don't find it mentioned, ask.

PSST...this doesn't belong in B/S/T.

Larbo

Enlightened

After I read this I installed 3.5.3 , nothing bad to report....yet

lovecpf

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a different issue with the last couple of FF updates. When I refresh a CPF (or CPFMP) page (F5) it occasionally fails to finish the refresh. A FF restart fixes the problem. It is not as bad with 3.5.3 but still there.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I use the "Status Bar" which is checked under "View" menu item, and displays at bottom of browser. Immediately above that is the bottom of the browser which on mouseover turns into up/down <==> arrow. I can drag bottom of browser up manually, but when I first launch FF after starting Windows XP, it starts with that bottom bar being closed all the way up, like this.

ff-3.jpg

Which makes it look like the page isn't loading. If I mouseover just below where you see the CPF forum tab, the <==> appears and I can drag it down to bottom. The rest of the time I completely close and reopen FF or open new tab windows is fine. But restart Windows and its back again. Not a big deal, but something is causing it.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Strange, I am use FF 3.5.3 with the status bar and I cannot resize the window. Do you have some special add-on installed?

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange, I am use FF 3.5.3 with the status bar and I cannot resize the window. Do you have some special add-on installed?
You'll have to click the Restore Down box or Dbl-clk on the Title Bar first, then you can drag to size.

No problems here with 3.5.3 on Vista.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has your screen resolution setting changed ?

( more than 1024 x 768 )

Is it a problem with all pages not fully loading ?

Could it be a Firewall setting problem ?

See if it still does it if you start Firefox in "Safe Mode" .

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Rocket Tomato gave me the clue. I coincidently updated Zone Alarm Pro to ver 9.0.83 which installed a ZA "Protection Toolbar" that supposedly looks for phishing and spyware websites realtime. I had unchecked the toolbar from displaying in "View==>Tools" but it was still sitting in the addon list.

I disabled the ZA addon and problem went away. Re-enabled, and problem came back.

Thanks everyone very much.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I think that FF is getting too complicated, like AOL. I have latest version of FF and now I can not get plug ins that I want. FF refers me to their plug in manager and I follow the instructions to enable the right ones, and still can not get them.

Bill

Last edited: