New Coleman light serving well.

corvettesR1

Enlightened
While working out in my garage during the late afternoon, I decided to do some engine work on my 1969 Dodge Dart 340 GTSport.

My project was to remove some lines and air conditioning compressor from the engine.The unit was inoperable so I wanted that 25lbs off the engine.

Many of the bolts were in burried locations and sometimes you cant remove bracket A without doing B and C first lol.

With my recent purchase of new CREE LED flashlights, I picked my Coleman 3 AAA light to serve garage duty,which can be greasy,oily and dirty.
It was a true pleasure to turn on that light and flood the dark engine bay with wonderful ,bright ,white light.Much better than old ,dim brownish lights I was used to out there.
I couldnt have finish the job without it this time around.Though its nice to line the lights up on my dresser,its much better to have them get to work for me.The Coleman did a great job.:twothumbsLet me ask,which flashlights do you use out in the garage??

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I used to have a garage, I basically never used flashlights in there. I used a standard 120v AC trouble light with a 75 watt rough service bulb. Way better than a flashlight in my opinion. I'm glad the Coleman served you well, but why waste batteries when you can light up so much more with a plug-in trouble light that probably costs a fraction to operate and puts out way more light?

BTW, cool car!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I too use fluorescent drop light myself, and at times an LED headlamp for a spot of light because usually working on cars you have both hands full.

corvettesR1

Enlightened
I forgot to mention that I have no electricity or outlets in the garage.In the past, I have run an extinsion cord over and used a great florescent light I have but . I dont pay for that outlet. I had permission to use it but I choose to just keep a flashlight around these days as my work is more minimal.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I forgot to mention that I have no electricity or outlets in the garage.In the past, I have run an extinsion cord over and used a great florescent light I have but . I dont pay for that outlet. I had permission to use it but I choose to just keep a flashlight around these days as my work is more minimal.
I have a fluorescent light powered by a cigarette lighter too I have used to work on cars when they broke down not near an outlet

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ah, that makes more sense! Wouldn't want to become a burden or a pest having to ask to use someone elses power outlet.

ginaz

Enlightened
i use an older inova. i've forgotten the name but it's the model prior to the bolt series. i like the rubber grip and the square frame keeps it from rolling around. those area lights are nice but i've found them to create problems with shadowing sometimes.

fishx65

Enlightened
I've got a bunch of those old Taskforce 3AA luxeons scattered around my garage. A few years ago Lowes was selling them for around 2 bucks each so I picked up about 10 of them. My garage lights take a beating so when I run one over it's not a big deal.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I love the taskforce 3AA luxeons I got a half dozen of them and wish I had bought more they run forever off 3AAs are not hot/cold like metal lights and don't marr painted stuff when you drop them.