am i missing an aa lights?

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i have quite a collection of lights, as im sure most of us do. my favorite format is the aa/2aa light.
i have had a d10 forever that i love. just got the ez aa which i also love, so so small, kills a aaa light :), and now i have a d20 too. i plan to dig up a warm quark aa to run a 14500 in (300ma high just wont cut it). am i missing any cool aa lights from my collection. yes i've had and loved the l2d q5, am i missing much not having an olight? anything else i should consider or missed?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I got an Olight T15 a short time ago. Fully supports 14500 I think but don't use them. Has an interesting reflector and UI. Has a resonable low level too. Given your other lights I don't know if you are missing anything in the gear dept. unless you are looking to collect AA lights.

Edit.

Yea a ZL would round your gear needs within AA very well.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Jet I Pro IBS v3.0, i personally own the v2.0 which is a great light IMHO but the v3.0 promises higher output and greater efficiency from what i have read.

For a budget AA, perhaps the Romisen RC N3 warm white, you can see some amateurish beamshots that i took here. It runs on 2xAA or 1xCR/RCR123.

The other light is the Romisen RC N3 II Q5, 2 mode, 2xAA or 1xCR/RCR123 (1 mode). These 2 are available from shiningbeam, fantastic service, ordered/paid and shipped within 24 hours (maybe i got Bryan on a slow day :D )

There's also the Akoray K106 (get the 3 mode programmable, nice light), i got mine off KD but had to wait ages for it. No regrets though, that is going to be my beater light along with the Ultrafire WF606B (2xAA or 1xCR2/RCR2)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
To mention again, Jet-I Pro v3.0, Zebralight H501 and NDI.
Value for money, Akoray K-106.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Value for money, Akoray K-106.

+1

This little programmable light stands proudly beside my collection of "nice" AA lights.

For another inexpensive but very bombproof light, consider a Gerber Ultra Infinity for a 5mm LED dim light.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
just missed an ndi in the marketplace. seems like it would be similiar to my d10.

ive had a fenix l1d ceq5, can the ld10 be much different? is this the new line thats very non-flashaholic friendly or am i thinking of a different $30 price point model.

as far as the h501, im not really a headlamp kind of guy. it's looking so far like all i need is a warm quark aa to run on a 14500. :)

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
oh boy, i was checking out the jetbeam aa and noticed the 18650 version. are the ui's the same. can someone explain the 3 programmable outputs and infinitely variable modes to me. sounds like a recipe for the coolest light in the world!

might have to pick up a aa and a 18650. oh my goodness, i might have to choose :(

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh boy, i was checking out the jetbeam aa and noticed the 18650 version. are the ui's the same. can someone explain the 3 programmable outputs and infinitely variable modes to me. sounds like a recipe for the coolest light in the world!

might have to pick up a aa and a 18650. oh my goodness, i might have to choose :(

you might want to checkout the programmable light user guides

i own a number of jetbeams, Jet I Pro IBS v2.0, Jet II Pro IBS, Jet III Pro ST, love them all, tough as nails, looks good, works well.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The king of the 1xAA lights, the long-discontinued JetBeam Mk IBS - a full 225 lumens on an RCR, brighter than even the brand-new D10 R2. Accepts anything that will fit in an AA tube, full IBS interface, and was the last JetBeam to have a truly balanced beam profile, very similar to previous-gen Fenixes. But good luck finding one as they were only made for a few months, and have been discontinued over a year now. I EDC one of these daily, and I don't know of anything in the <$200 range I'd prefer over it.

Even if you can't find an MK IBS, you really must try at least one JetBeam that has the IBS interface; once you get used to setting your own modes, everything else seems stilted and awkward.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
all my talk of looking for a warm quark aa made me yearn for a l2d rebel 100, so i just picked a nice tinted one up from marketplace. that ought to hold me over for a while. guess now i need a l1d body too. holy crap this hobby is expensive.