Father's Day Flashlights Poll

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
Father\'s Day Flashlights Poll

Happy Fathers Day!

Just wondering how many of you either received or gave a flashlight for Fathers Day.

I will start:
Gave my Dad an Arc AAA Turquoise. He already owns and enjoys an Arc SLS and is an Arc fan. He was quite impressed with the AAA and its brilliant Turquoise beam!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: Father\'s Day Flashlights Poll

I don't think my dad would like a flashlight - certainly not the same way a flashaholic might.
I gave him a Kirby vaccume once, and a xenon timing light another year... I don't think he's touched either.

bucken

Enlightened

If a laser level SORT-of-counts, then the solar pool blanket that I got (uses sunLIGHT to warm the water) ALMOST-counts...

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened

I gave my Father an Arc LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . . . he really liked it!

I was also happy to see that my father-in-law had an
Arc AAA on his keychain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif We gave it to him for his birthday.

My Dad now has an SF M3, several G2's and an Arc AAA turquoise (as well as his new Arc LS).

Mom laughs at us when we compare "throw" late at night
on the driveway. I think she needs an Arc AAA for her purse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened

Lux,

Glad your Dad liked the Arc LS! That is definitely a good one to give as a gift.

My Dad's flashlight collection is starting to grow too. He and I always love to take our lights outside at night and compare beams, throw, spill, etc. His SLS has a puke green Luxeon but just happens to be one of those without Locktite on the bezel. We are comptemplating replacing the emitter with a Cyan LS. Should make for a nice little afternoon project.

Sounds like you better get your Mom that Arc AAA pretty soon!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

yesterday, we gave a close family friend (who introduced me to Carey, who is now my wife) an ARC AAA for father's day. he was IMPRESSED! "wow. that is really a bright llittle bugger!" funny, he still thinks that LED's are the same as "those blue-looking headlights on those new cars..."

Gene is a 64 year old guy that always had lots of (cheap) flashlights around the house...he is a closet flashaholic!

about 6 months ago, i showed him my new PT attitude, and he was so impressed, he ran out and bought one.

later, i gave him a tec-40. he was floored: "it is brighter than my big maglight." now he has an ARC AAA...

next i will get him a madmax or bb400 for his aging minimag.

Bob<--supporting our fellow flashaholics...

WaltH

Enlightened

My kids got me a forever light. The one you shake up and then it runs for 5 or 10 minutes. Not something I would have bought myself but it's actually pretty cool. It's much better made than I had imagined.