I just had an idea...

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
I just ordered the Jetbeam Jet III Military and I'm waiting patiently :popcorn:.

Here is what I'm thinking; the technical specs on the light state that the max voltage that the head can handle is a whopping 15v. I'm wondering if the cell extender from the M1x would fit on this light so I can use three RCR123 cells with a 12.6v max voltage. I emailed Bug Out Gear right before I wrote this post, so I will wait for any input from the CPF community, and post my findings from B.O.G.
The Jet III M is going to be twice as awesome in my book if this works, especially with the huge shiny overkill crenulated bezel I ordered :devil:

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Thanks grunscga, this was affirmed by Bug Out Gear this afternoon. Now if they MADE an extension tube for the Military....

Side note; does anyone know why the max voltage of the Military is so high?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The M is exactly the same brightness regardless of which of the three "recommended" battery setups is used (2x123/2xRCR123/1x18650) - this would indicate that it has a very good regulating circuit that is going to hold the same brightness level regardless of how much voltage you put into it.

RCR123 cells have the least capacity of the relevant battery types, so 3xRCR123 would give you no brightness advantage and less runtime than some of the other configurations.

Latest posts