RIP Patrick Swayze

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read about this on the yahoo main page.

He was in some all time classics, and some of my favorites as a kid (The Outsiders, Dirty Dancing, ROADHOUSE!!!).

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn, just read about this online....very sad indeed.:(

I lost some family over the years due to cancer, it's such a
horrible thing.

My prayers to him, his family and loved ones.

arioch

Enlightened
His movies seemed to have captured the flavor of teen movies of the 80's ... Outsiders, Red Dawn, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Roadhouse, Point Break. I enjoyed his roles in them all.

What impressed me more, though was his behavior off screen. Of his fellow "Brat Packers" (Charlie Sheen, Judd Nelson, Rob Lowe, C. Thomas Howell, etc.), he seemed to have been well grounded as a person. You rarely heard about him in the tabloids on a drug, sex, or arrest related escapade. He was married to the love of his life for more than 3 decades, almost unheard of in Hollywood.

R.I.P. Mr. Swayze. Condolences to his family and loved ones. His memory lives on in film. :sigh:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truly a good, decent, honest, talented and upstanding man who lived his life with vigor and vitality. Absolutely a real, stand-up guy.

Mr. Swayze will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze...:awman:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen Patrick Swayze in an episode of Mash two nights ago. It was titled blood brothers, filmed in 1981. I can't find a clip anywhere though.

Greta

Flashaholic
Saw the announcement on TV while I was at the gym. Ever girl my age wanted to be "Baby"... :sigh: R.I.P. good sir.

ypsifly

Enlightened
RIP Johnny Castle. My GF can recite every line from Dirty Dancing.

His work in The Outsiders and Red Dawn is awesome. The Chippendales sketch he did with Chris Farley on SNL was hilarious.

On a related note, the sequel to Red Dawn is being filmed around Detroit this week. They were in Mount Clemens the past few days. I wonder if Jed Eckert's death has inspired everyone involved to make a good movie. So many sequels/remakes are a waste of time.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truly a good, decent, honest, talented and upstanding man who lived his life with vigor and vitality. Absolutely a real, stand-up guy.

Mr. Swayze will be sorely missed.

R.I.P. Patrick Swayze...:awman:
Yep..............I was hoping he could beat the cancer, dammit! :mecry:

Patriot

Flashaholic
This is a sad deal. He seemed like a nice guy and I usually liked his movie roles. Watching Red Dawn will never be the same anymore. I was glad to hear that he was surrounded by family at his passing.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
His work in The Outsiders and Red Dawn is awesome. The Chippendales sketch he did with Chris Farley on SNL was hilarious.

For a second there, I didn't realize that both of those gifted performers have passed on.

Swayze was a great actor.

R.I.P.