• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: "Reaper" Black HA McLux (I) w/PR-T Head and BB666/VYOT

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD

Allow me to introduce, The Reaper. This is an original Black HA McLux 2x123 tail with brass button, Ti pocket clip, mated up with a (*)McLux PR-T (McLux Pelican Reflector head, Trimmed) built out with a specially requested Dat2zip BadBoy 666 light engine and Luxeon V binned as VYOT. It is not without great reservation that I even thought of listing this, but it may be time to "pass the torch," if you will. The body and head are not "perfect", but have not been dropped or abraded or abused in any way. I'll have to take some pics if I get some good sunlight tomorrow. The beam is the normal PR beam with large, bright hotspot and strong corona. The tint is somewhere closer to a bright/clear white than a blue, but is on the cool side of the spectrum with no hint of green and no donut. At distances of 10m and higher, the very center of the beam is ever-so-slightly warmer/darker, as are most LuxV emitters that aren't optomized for that distance. It's not easily noticed at that distance, but I want to be sure I mention it just in case. (EDIT: I just metered this earlier today. At 1 meter, it's pumping 1140 Lux.)

This light has been stored in my SureFire display for the last three years or so, and the head has a total of about 75 minutes of run time on it. It's one of the lights that I'm significantly more protective of because it's a true one of a kind and probably one of only two Black HA McLux 2x123 power packs.

McLux_PR-T_BB666VYOT-a.jpg

McLux_PR-T_BB666VYOT-h.jpg

(See next post for all photos.)

I am not going to rule out trades, and actually have a "short list" of lights/items that I have some interest in, but would really prefer cash/personal PayPal (no-fee payment).

I'm asking $465 shipped to US addresses, via overnight delivery (offers welcomed). Trade items I have interest in negotiating are:

McGizmo SunDrop XR-U
McGizmo SunDrop XP (maybe)
McGizmo Haiku (maybe)
Strider "Lightweight" SnG (not necessarily interested in others)
Microtech Ultratech DE, plain edge, all black, black blade, new condition (not recent manufacture, the original ones)
SureFire Titan (Titanium version, new in sealed box)

I may be contacted either here, or at the Marketplace, via PM, or also at Beretta1526 (at) gmail (dot) com. All three result in an e-mail in my GMail account, but a straight e-mail will get to me quickest.

*Note for above: If desired, I can swap the PR-T head out with a slightly different, but slightly brighter/warmer McLux PR head with a BB750/VYOT. In doing so, it may not quite be technically correct to call it "Reaper" since it no longer has the BB666 light engine. I do not intend to sell the light with both heads, and would have to negotiate terms of this swap-out if necessary. Also, I have an original McLux head in Black HA, with dual-surface bead-blasting. This is the head that was originally used for the Black Widow. It is complete with E-can, lens, and gaskets. I may even have a converter board and Lux star or two as well. Again, this would require a negotiation of terms.

Last edited:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Re: FSoT: "Reaper" Black HA McLux (I) w/PR-T Head and BB666/VYOT (pics)

Talk about one hell of a rare Mclux. Many may not even know about these. In all the years I've been here I have never seen one of these for sale. Shoot, I have rarely even seen pics of one of these. It took me a very long time to aquire my black Mcluxs & I don't see myself letting them go anytime soon but two of mine are legos & not complete lights as originally offered. Some great history in that light, a true collector's piece!

Last edited:

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FSoT: "Reaper" Black HA McLux (I) w/PR-T Head and BB666/VYOT

Edited to add 1140 Lux at 1 meter and adjust price.

Last edited:

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

:poke:

Please note the price reduced the other day...

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

Feel free to make an offer. I'm in a pretty good mood today ;)

ledcarry

Enlightened

Hey there Beretta,
I would like first shot at this baby. I just emailed you with a potential offer

Thanks,

Jeff

ledcarry

Enlightened
Re: Deal Pending: "Reaper" Black HA McLux (I) w/PR-T Head and BB666/VYOT

Hey Beretta,

Thanks for offering the great light. Very nice piece! PayPal sent and emailed you with shipping instructions.
:paypal:
Thanks,

Jeff

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice score Jeff. That makes a super addition to your collection. When Dark Zero never saw one offered it is a sure bet you are on to something rare and worth investing in. You better ask seller what battery set up is suitable because this one came out before 17670's or rcr123's were available ... I think, because I never saw one up for sale. Dad would know! He's an old timer and McGizmo man. :thumbsup: or ask Will...that's his department and I bet he could mod it for you to optimize all it's potential! Send it to the Dark Zero spa for a total restoration! He'd probably like to play with it in person and you certainly wouldn't be dissapointed when you got it back!

ledcarry

Enlightened

Hey Karl,

Isn't this one awesome light. I really like this one and am very happy to have snagged it. You know I will take good care of it!!:twothumbs:twothumbs

Jeff

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

You better ask seller what battery set up is suitable because this one came out before 17670's or rcr123's were available ... I think, because I never saw one up for sale. Dad would know! He's an old timer and McGizmo man. :thumbsup: or ask Will...that's his department and I bet he could mod it for you to optimize all it's potential! Send it to the Dark Zero spa for a total restoration! He'd probably like to play with it in person and you certainly wouldn't be dissapointed when you got it back!

With a BadBoy driving a LuxV it will run on two lithium primaries or one 17670. It should not be used with two 16340s.

Thanks Karl but trust me I have plenty to play with & more to build. :grin2: