LF5XT turned on by itself

jsong

Newly Enlightened
One day, when I took out my LF5XT from pocket, it was on. To prevent this, I already turned the header loose to lock out the tail button.

Anyone see this before?

Thanks,

clintb

Enlightened
One day, when I took out my LF5XT from pocket, it was on. To prevent this, I already turned the header loose to lock out the tail button.

Anyone see this before?

Thanks,
Yep, I've seen it. I have two, 1 black, and 1 natural, LF5XT. The natural will turn itself on *if* I have tightened the head down too much when replacing the battery. I believe the problem exists due to too much aluminum being taken away when the threads were cleaned up on the body. Instead of the body having a squared off profile, then threads, it's more rounded over onto the threads; small difference, but the black LF5XT is squared off in the same spot.

As part of having the lights reprogrammed for the famous "turn off when dropped" problem, I sent the entire natural LF5XT back at the same time. I guess I didn't explain the problem well enough, because it was sent back with the same body. It still does the same thing.