ITP C8T 2xAA just arrived at my house!

SkunkWerx

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, no pics yet.
The Brown Shirted Santa in his big brown sleigh just dropped it off this afternoon from Battery Junction. Their shipping is pretty quick. This is my second order with them, fast, accurate and on-time, I think they do a good job. :thumbsup:

The ITP C8 is a 2xAA tail-clickie with a Cree 7090-XR-E Q5. The C8 comes in two flavors, the C8T and C8R. The "R" has the SOS and strobe, the "T" does not. I got the "T" as I was looking for a straight up all round utlilty flashlight.

The digital dimming function is a nice feature. Turn the barrel barely a quarter turn and it starts dimming (or getting brighter if you are already dimmed). Lock it back by twisting back the other way, and it holds that setting. Or let it go to the end of the bright or dim spectrum and it blinks when it gets there. I look at the dimming as a way to custom tailor your power setting without being locked into a preset Hi -Med -Low.

Went outside, almost total nightfall , to check it out. For a 2xAA this light has a nice throw. It cuts into and through my wooded area pretty well. Shined it down into the open door of my workshop, 75 yards away, and lit the place up like all the interior lights were on. I could easily make out a small screwdriver lying on the floor and all other details inside. The workshop is a mess!

I looked at wizz-bang 2xAA's higher in price, with more features, but came back to this one for it's simplicity and cost. It's a straight up LED torch, with the digital dimming thrown in. Ability to choose Strobe/SOS or Not is pretty nice too.

At the sale price, and the CPF coupon code, (and the other stuff I ordered) I have no regrets. :twothumbs