Looking for high quality AA replacement light

tkoden

Newly Enlightened
I recently lost my L1D Q5 Premium Fenix light:mecry:. I loved that light. It was plenty bright, compact and used AA batteries which is great because I have a ton of eneloop batteries. So, who makes something equal to or better than that light. I am willing to go up to about $70 +/-.

Edit: I was looking through fenix's site and saw thier LD10+ Black Premium Q5.

Last edited:

strinq

Enlightened
Re: Who makes the best single AA flashlight

ur title is slightly misleading, no one can say 100% that their light is better.
Would be better if u just asked a recommendation. :)

Mine would be the Quark AA.

njet212

Enlightened
Quark AA ( regular version ) if you want the same UI with Fenix L1D. I thinks it's better than fenix it comes with R2 emitter, good quality lanyard (quality than Fenix lanyard ), holster, and even they give free AA battery ( if i not mistaken they come with PANASONIC brand ), also has removeable and reverseable clip on it and the most important things 4sevens give 10 year warranty for it !!

But if you want simple UI ( no strobe or funky S.O.S ) take Nitecore D10 R2 edition.

Both of this light support Li-on 14500 battery.

Egsise

Banned
I have Fenix LD10 Q5, and 4Sevens Quark AA neutral white version(Q3 5A).
I recommend the Quark AAw, the neutral white led rocks.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
nightcore d10, everyone who owns one loves it, and everyone who doesnt own one wants one.

and if you disagree with the above statement?

you havent owned one ;)

Billy Berue

Newly Enlightened
Quark AA neutral white. :thumbsup:

I know you mentioned you had lots of eneloops, but once you pop a 14500 in the Quark AA, you will never go back. :whistle:

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Jetbeam Jet-I-Pro V3. Cold White or Neutral White, OP reflector throws plenty well and is smooth, I've tried both and I prefer OP.

I also recommend the NiteCore D10 with a clip. Gotta have one sometime, even if you buy used.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the Jetbeam, i own the v2.0 and recently got it back from having some repairs done, didnt realise how much i missed the light till i got it back.

+1 of the D10, i have an EX10 GDP and now want a D10

duboost

Enlightened
well like everyone else I'm gonna recommend either a quark or a D10.

I have a quark 2AA warm and it's awesome. You may prefer the quark (regular version) if you're used to the UI on the Fenix.

And my D10 goes everywhere with me thanks to its clip. Plenty bright and it just feels solid in your hand

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
well like everyone else I'm gonna recommend either a quark or a D10.

I have a quark 2AA warm and it's awesome. You may prefer the quark (regular version) if you're used to the UI on the Fenix.

And my D10 goes everywhere with me thanks to its clip. Plenty bright and it just feels solid in your hand

i'd love it if my Jetbeam had a D10 style clip so i can carry it clipped bezel down and deeeep in, as it is my Jet I is bezel up and is a bit conspicuous.

doktor_x

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite pleased with my LD10. Aside from the SOS mode (can't imagine when I'd really use it) it's proven to be a perfect fit for my needs.

LED Cool

Enlightened

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Quark AA Regular Nitecore D10 If it were me, I'd get the Quark. Of course, the current Fenix equivalent is excellent, too, so if you liked the L1D a lot, go with a LD10.

njet212

Enlightened
Mini-mag :laughing:
Now you should consider Sgt.LED option :lolsign:

+1 for that and also additional note for quark AA regular version it's look like Fenix improvement for me. 47 add more features that most people want on Fenix.

I recently lost my L1D Q5 Premium Fenix light:mecry:. I loved that light.

Sounds you still miss L1D, just grab the quark AA regular version or maybe you might also put the quark titanium on your list :devil:

Let me know when you made the decision :)

Last edited:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a Nitecore PD D10 for two weeks now, and it's the best single cell I've ever used. I'm having a small trist with it, don't tell the Misses!

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam Jet-I PRO V3.0

You can get them on ebay for $62.99 shipped worldwide.

I recently lost my L1D Q5 Premium Fenix light:mecry:. I loved that light. It was plenty bright, compact and used AA batteries which is great because I have a ton of eneloop batteries. So, who makes something equal to or better than that light. I am willing to go up to about $70 +/-.

HighLumens

Enlightened
Hello tkoden,

while checking out the above common recommendations, Fenix, Quarks and Jetbeam, don't forget the versatile and sophisticated LiteFlux LF5XT.

here is a few reviews.
http://www.light-reviews.com/liteflux_lf5xt/

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202961

also check out zebra light H-501/H-501W. it is an AA powered area flood light cum head light. comes with clip and headband. very useful for short distance general illumination.

khoo
Hi,
I remember something about a new LF5XT or a AA version of the LF2XT, any news on that?

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Matartac Extreme 9290 seems to be one hec of a nice single AA light for $39.00.

It ramps up or down in brightness to any degree you wish then remembers your last setting .Glad I picked one up.:whistle: