Princeton Tec 40 PR-base Luxeon?/OD green Tec40?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have a Tec40 with PR-based Luxeon in it, specifically the Epieon(white)? im also looking for pics of the Tec40 in Olive drab green.

Thnx in advance!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Princeton Tec 40 PR-base Luxeon?/OD green Tec4

[ QUOTE ]
revolvergeek said:

An O.D. Tec 40 picture for you.

What you can't really tell from the picture is that the lanyard cord is a twist of od green and black. Overall a very clean looking, understated light.

[/ QUOTE ]

thnx, i've seen some pics on the internet posted by companies but most of the time, i've found, that the color rendition is off from the actual product. do you have an OD tec40? if yes, does it look like that pic? (oh, there's also the color settings on computer monitors that come into play) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Elnath

Newly Enlightened

I don't have a Tec-40, but I have a T-20 in O.D. It looks like you'd expect O.D. to look...nonreflective finish, and a good match with the black bezel. A nice look (as long as you aren't trying to find it at the bottom of a bag in dim light...;)

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some folks have tried an EverLED in the Tec 40. You can read up on it in the EverLED threads. I think the consensus is that it works well, but one or two folks mentioned problems: the bezel wouldn't screw down all the way, and it ran a little hot.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heck...if you want to run a Luxeon, just go for the Mini-mag + Dat2Zip sandwich. I run a BB400 in a MM... a really nice light. The aluminum body helps with the heat.

Although...I gotta tell you, my PT Attitude has won the "which one do you reach for" contest over time. My luxeon just sits in a drawer and only occasionally gets used (usually when I can't remember where I left the Attitude). The BB400 is simply TOO bright for a task light and not bright enough when I need some real throw (I use an incandescent for that like the UK 4AA AS2 or Surge).

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
ikendu said:
Heck...if you want to run a Luxeon, just go for the Mini-mag + Dat2Zip sandwich. I run a BB400 in a MM... a really nice light. The aluminum body helps with the heat.

Although...I gotta tell you, my PT Attitude has won the "which one do you reach for" contest over time. My luxeon just sits in a drawer and only occasionally gets used (usually when I can't remember where I left the Attitude). The BB400 is simply TOO bright for a task light and not bright enough when I need some real throw (I use an incandescent for that like the UK 4AA AS2 or Surge).

[/ QUOTE ]

i just want a perfect mate/match for my Tec40 with KRP103. i just the love the way the Tec40 feels in hand. it's like the perfect size! i was eventually thinking of getting a Madmax or Inretech for my Minimag but not now.

I am planning on getting a Surge very soon!