RIP Mary Travers

Norm

Retired Administrator
Link
Mary Travers dies after leukaemia battle
From correspondents in Connecticut, USANEWS.com.auSeptember 17, 2009 11:43am+-PrintEmailShare
MARY Travers, part of the popular 1960s folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary has died.
Travers died after a long battle with leukaemia at the age of 72.

The trio were a huge success in the 1960s, topping charts worldwide with hits such as Leaving on a Jet Plane and Puff (The Magic Dragon).
Norm

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Aww man. :( I'm sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed their gentle music.

RIP Ms. Travers, and thanks for the beautiful music. Say hello to Puff for us.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
RIP Mary.

Here's a bit of trivia. Unfortunately with google, you can't ask hard trivia questions anymore.

But I would have asked, who wrote "Leaving On A Jet Plane," and what was its original name? I miss that artist even more.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bummer. My first concert was Peter, Paul & Mary with my Mom when I was eight or nine.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
1960s through the early 70s is my favorite era of music. Popular music grew up and diversified. Sadly, as time pushes on, we lose the people who made this music. Many of the bands from that time have lost a member or two already.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw them (Peter, Paul and Mary) 20 (?)+ years ago at the Stabler Arena on the Lehigh University campus in Bethlehem, Pa. Great group and she will be missed.....many classic songs from them over the years....

Karl