which one?! argh

ruf9ii

Newly Enlightened
gday all, am considering getting a new flasher. so far in consideration
-legion II (nice price, potential upgrades)
-eagletac mx2 (3 x R2) (nice price, good output...not so great build quality though)
-epsilon ed-72 (similiar to legion)

also interested in the DBS V3, as it also has great upgrade potential...

but basically, i want a good throw, but with useable spill. no aspherical, totally useless, except for extreme long range signalling :p

opinions? any others i could look at in a similiar price range? <200

thanks

Last edited:

elwood

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Jetbeam M1X. Great throw, with a Large hotspot and good spill.

The Legion II looks interesting but I really can't stand spending that kind of money then having to wait 2-3 weeks for it to be delivered.

ruf9ii

Newly Enlightened
yea, had a look at the m1x, but the throw is kinda of outclassed by the others i've listed (as far as i've seen in comparison pictures...)

the only reason im holding off one of these, is that, if dereelights brings out a new pill/battery-tube/lens etc upgrade, would it compete with these lights at a lower cost with more customisation... (damn that was a long sentence)

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I'd go with the Deerelight. You can get the R2 based light, an extension tube for 2x18650 batteries, and the MC-E emitter with orange peel reflector within your budget.

Now you've got a killer thrower and you can switch over to the MC-E setup for massive lumens. It will be like having 2 lights in one. I recommend ordering from the CPF vendor, Jay at flashlightconnection.com . Don't forget to use the CPF discount! His service is second to none and he ships SUPER FAST!

FWIW.... I sold my MC2X4 because I was not impressed with the build quality and mediocre waterproofing for my needs while caving. My Deerelights get dunked in cold streams and covered with cave mud and keep coming back for more.

elwood

Newly Enlightened
yea, had a look at the m1x, but the throw is kinda of outclassed by the others i've listed (as far as i've seen in comparison pictures...)

the only reason im holding off one of these, is that, if dereelights brings out a new pill/battery-tube/lens etc upgrade, would it compete with these lights at a lower cost with more customisation... (damn that was a long sentence)
If you really want throw and excellent quality, look at the Jetbeam Raptor RRT-1.