4xAA CREE torch?

chanamasala

Enlightened
I haven't been around awhile. Has anyone come out with a 4AA CREE torch yet?

AusKipper

Enlightened
Dont know if its a Cree or not, but Streamlight has a 4xAA propolymer thats used by firefighters over here in Aus

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
also unsure as to the LED, but LED Lenser's P14 is a 4xAA, plenty bright, focusable and 3 modes.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.dorcydirect.com/p-287-41-4750-180-lumen-4aa-high-flux-led-cyber-light-flashlight.aspx

Not sure if it's a Cree, but if it's not, it may be a TFFC K2. 180 lumens either way. That thing looks like it can take a lot of abuse.

23.97 right now, plus there's a coupon code for 15 percent off, FALL

I'm finding some others that use current generation LED's, but they don't drive them for brightness, they aim more for runtime. Pelican Stealthlight 84 lumens (unknown emitter), Princeton tec AMP 4.0 (50 lumens) and 5.0 (65 lumens) both with Rebels, Streamlight Survivor 100 lumens and I believe a TFFC K2 and the Gerber Carnivore XP 103 lumens and a Cree.

Last edited:

chanamasala

Enlightened
http://www.dorcydirect.com/p-287-41-4750-180-lumen-4aa-high-flux-led-cyber-light-flashlight.aspx

Not sure if it's a Cree, but if it's not, it may be a TFFC K2. 180 lumens either way. That thing looks like it can take a lot of abuse.

23.97 right now, plus there's a coupon code for 15 percent off, FALL

I'm finding some others that use current generation LED's, but they don't drive them for brightness, they aim more for runtime. Pelican Stealthlight 84 lumens (unknown emitter), Princeton tec AMP 4.0 (50 lumens) and 5.0 (65 lumens) both with Rebels, Streamlight Survivor 100 lumens and I believe a TFFC K2 and the Gerber Carnivore XP 103 lumens and a Cree.

Thanks. I bought the Dorcy. What the heck. I'll give it a shot. See if she is as bright as the SLPPLux I used to have.

$20.37 after coupon. Free shipping and free keychain light.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I bought the Dorcy. What the heck. I'll give it a shot. See if she is as bright as the SLPPLux I used to have.

$20.37 after coupon. Free shipping and free keychain light.

Great choice, 20.37 shipped is one hell of a deal. Let us know how you like it, I'm really liking this light.

chanamasala

Enlightened
Great choice, 20.37 shipped is one hell of a deal. Let us know how you like it, I'm really liking this light.

It's a CREE.

I really like this torch. It only weighs 6.6 ozs with the included batteries. It's brighter than my D10 on an AA and my 2AA Ultrafire WF-606A Q5. Beats me if it is regulated or if it will last the 5 hours they say but I am very happy with it. It's cool looking and seems like it will be durable as they say it is. The beam is ringy but wide with a nice bright center spot. As you can see it is a smooth reflector so you get that type of non-snowy beam. It seems like a very good household light. My tint is a little violet but not so bad. Sure this light isn't a top of the line flashlight but as I mainly wanted a bright household 4AA CREE light I got what I wanted. Comes with a lanyard too. They make no claims about it being water resistant but it looks like it could take some light rain I suppose. Looks like you might be able to get to the LED and reflector as there is a hole with a deep screw that would seem to allow the front bezel to be removed. Thanks for the heads up on this one. More info: no o-ring on the tail end. Reverse clicky. Can tailstand.

Last edited: