over and underrated lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

T777

Newly Enlightened
Bored and tired but cant sleep... which lights do you guys think are the most underrated and overrated? im very interested in your responses

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
any light on eBay claiming 900 lumens :D

under-rated would (to me) be surefires as their output (to the eye) seems far above what is stated on the site (and yes, i am aware that theirs are OTF lumens values and not emitter values) but seeing an SF in action for the first time, was a :wow:

Pummy

Newly Enlightened
Underrated (IMO): UltraFire A10.
Solid, cheap, good as a AA holder if nothing else. Good as a modding host due to non glued parts.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
under rated.. itp lights.

over rated.. custom jobs that cost several hundreds..
over rated.. surefires.

over rated.. in general public that is.. maglites.. and led lensers..

and when talking about the general public.. the normal people you know.. they underrate EDCing a flashlight.

-and plenty other EDC worthy items.. they "snicker" at them until they suddenly realise that they could use one.. then they loan it. and return it.. and some of the thick headed ones keep dissing them even after it has proven useful! (ARGHHH!!!)

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
overrated: Eternalight
... this is about the only one of my lights I really hate giving money of for

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underrated (IMO): UltraFire A10.
Solid, cheap, good as a AA holder if nothing else. Good as a modding host due to non glued parts.
I have an A10 as well. With a Sanyo NiMH its bright as heck. For $10 its great. :thumbsup:

USACelt

Newly Enlightened
A good flashlight is underrated by any non-flashaholic.
My girl friends step dad has the worlds largest collection of "wack" lights I've ever seen.Wack'em to make them work.
IMO Surefires are overrated for the money, or maybe that's just overpriced

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Underrated: MagLEDs on CPF. Especially Rebels, but all of 'em. Useful light, runs forever, stupid simple.

Overrated: the Gladius. I want to like it, but the UI really isn't that great unless you need to go from full blast to strobe and back a lot. It's great if your day job is 'violence technician', and you're willing to mod it with a SSC P4 or a recent Luxeon K2 but for most of the people all of the time, or all of the people most of the time, it's not the best tool for the job.

DM51

Flashaholic
T777, this is only your 4th post in as many months, but you've managed to choose a thread title that is really no better than an invitation to people to bash lights they have decided they don't like (even if they don't own one). It is not exactly a recipe for harmony or positive contributions.

It's going nowhere, and I'm closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.